Code of Conduct 1

Rule #143: Never Fall in Love with a GL (English V2.0)

Code of Conduct 1

Rule #1: Being beautiful is being calm and cool...

Hay Lin's POV

Great.

Really great. This has got to be the best way to start senior year. My car just crashed with the car in front of us. Isn't it fantastic? Note sarcasm here. Worse, I have my face pasted to the window glass. Not a good sight to see.

My driver immediately went out to check the damage while I, on the other hand, instantaneously removed my face on the window. I was looking forward on starting my first day of senior year fashionably perfect but it seemed like this totally ruins it!

I checked my wristwatch and it's already eight minutes before the class starts. My bestfriends are absolutely at school waiting for me. Apparently, it took me an hour to pick the perfect accessories for today because I wanted to have the most fashionable entrance and this is where it gets me... I'm fashionably late!

I am sitting at the back of the car since I have a driver-slash-bodyguard to drive for me. As far as my birth certificate reads, I'm 18 years old but my parents don't trust me to have my own car... yet. In their defense, it is to keep my security. After all, I am the senator's daughter.

I didn't try to scam my parents to giving me a car. At least they let me live a normal life. Never did they force me to have home school. But just last night, I had the talk with my parents and I was picking up hints that they'll FINALLY get me a car. I could really use one. To be honest, it's embarrassing having a driver-slash-bodyguard to drive you around. I'm soon-to-be college girl and I can handle myself -- enough to get home safely, the least.

I looked outside and saw a lot of cars making their way to enter the gate of the school. Vandom High is the most famous school in the country. It only admits the rich, popular, and powerful in the society. It hosts the typical high school setting plus all the drama that goes along with it.

As I shifted in my seat to look in front, my eyes landed on Peter, my driver-slash-bodyguard. He is a stout man - in his early forties. He has this mustache and fine lines in the corners of his brown eyes indicating that he's been smiling a lot but this time, his brown face looks like all the colors went down the drain. He's all pale and drops of sweat were evidently dripping on his face.

What's taking him so long? I thought to myself irritatingly. I climbed out to get him inside and start the car because, seriously, seeing him standing there, stone-faced could take forever. I'd age decades and probably grow a second head just waiting. It can't be that bad, right?

I walked near him and gazed at the same part where his eyes were glued on.

I was right.

It wasn't bad.

It was WORSE!

The headlights were badly broken and crashed. There is a huge dent on the right side, not to mention the many long scratches caused by the collision.

My parents are so gonna kill... Peter!

Yeah, why in the world would they kill me, duh? I was not the one who bumped this SUV.

I glanced at the sleek new red Ford Hatchback which, in the most unfortunate day, bashed with my ride. Its left backlight was completely ruined and, just like our car, it had dent and scratches. Compared to ours, it had a bigger impact and had greater damage. I wonder who owns this hot ride.

"Just drive me 'til the gate. I don't want to be seen riding in this crushed car and have this fixed immediately. C'mon, I don't want to be late," I said to Peter who slowly recovered from utter shock. I folded my arms and was about to step towards the car when the red car beeped alarmingly.

Ugh! Could there be any more delays? I eyed the red car as the driver side's door swung open.

Then the devil went out. I mean the driver.

"Crap! My car!" exclaimed the terrified tall figure with a gelled black hair sticking through every direction. He rushed to the damaged part and bent down, showing his newly developed biceps, to check his car in horror. Then he stood up, his dark eyes glaring straight at me.

"You'll fix this," he said sharply. What the heck?! What did I do?

"Don't glare at me Salazar," I replied. Maybe he wants me to scoop his eyes and paste it on his car.

"Still acting tough Hay?" He flashed his signature smirk that made every girl at school, except for me and my friends of course, drool over him.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." I want him out of my sight so I continued to walk away. He tugged my left arm, stopping me on my tracks.

"Not so fast, babe. You're gonna pay for what you broke," he said coolly.

"You got to be kidding me. I'm not going to pay for that. And don't call me babe. I'm not a pig." I retorted claiming my arm.

"Don't be stubborn. I was clearly driving back to give way to the car in front of me but your driver did not back off." He is pissed and I could see his dark orbs blazing with fire. If only he could burn me with his eyes, I'd been ashes in a heartbeat.

"Did you hear what you just said? You want us to back off but you did not give any signal. You're the one who should get my car fixed!" Now, I raised my voice.

"What a brat! Ever heard of common sense?"

"I have. Too bad, you aren't using yours." I smiled at him triumphantly.

"Oh really? How come I know that lipstick is for the lips and not the entire face?" With that, for the second time today, he smirked at me. He turned his back to me and walks out as if he just won a battle.

What does that even mean? It doesn't make any sense! I don't do riddles, does it makes him so smart?

I banged the door as I got in. He just ruined the day for me! Ugh!

"Uh. Miss Hay Lin.. You have a -" I did not notice that Peter already settled in the driver's seat. He sounded hesitant yet suppressing a... laugh?

I looked at the rear view mirror to see his expression. Then I instantly knew what the riddle was all about.

I searched the tissue in my bag and cleaned the lipstick all over my face. I forgot that I was applying make-up when the accident happened. I closed my eyes and heaved two deep breaths.

First rule: Being beautiful is being calm and cool. I chanted so I won't lose myself. When I was feeling better, I opened my eyes with a smirk tugged on my lips.

The day is just starting. See you at school, GL.

^^^

A/N: Hey everyone! This is the English version of my story (with the same title). I was inspired into changing the language because of the books I just read. This whole proved to be CHALLENGING to me, a lot. I may encounter writer's block but I do hope that you will support me in this.

If you have read the Filipino version (which, until now, is not yet finished but I AM NOT ABANDONING THE STORY. I have written it already yet I didn't have any inspiration to encode haha!), I have done and will do a MAJOR revision on this version e.g. SETTING, DIALOGUES, CHARACTERS, and POVs.

~

I dedicate this first chapter to @ArrynLupin since she'd been very helpful to me in the thread I've created in the Forum section. Thanks :)

~

So, what do you think? :)

Vote, Comment, Share. Thank you for reading! :)

Oday_18

xxx

(c) 2014