Code of Conduct 8

Rule #143: Never Fall in Love with a GL (English V2.0)

Code of Conduct 8

Hay Lin's POV

To end the deal, I must make him fall in love.

Ha! So easy. Piece of cake. Effortless. No sweat.

Who am I kidding? That's crazy!

Seriously, I don't know what is going on. Is this because of the gravitational pull of the Earth by the attraction between the moon and the sun, therefore I believe in God? That didn't make sense. But everything is not making sense at all!

Hevo, my least favorite person in the world -- other than The Angels, is my boyfriend. My freaking boyfriend!

How the hell did this happen? Oh right, because of a stupid CAR. A STUPID red car.

And now, I'm grilled by my best friends.

"You and Hevo are what?!" Max bursted out.

"Hevo is your new boyfriend?! Really, Hay Lin? Hevo?" Mia cried incredulously.

"Can you please keep it down? I am just as horrified as you all are," I hissed.

"Un-freakin-believable," Bless said.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled.

"You are breaking the rules, brat!" Max warned.

"No, Max. As long as Hay Lin is not falling in love with him, she's still one of us," Bless defended me. "You are not in love with him, right?"

"Of course! Absolutely. Not in a million years."

"Good. So let's all calm down, okay?" Bless said.

"Actually..." They all turned to me. I told them the last part of the deal.

"WHAT?!" They fired in chorus.

"Hay Lin Kwan, you are in so much trouble!" Mia scolded.

"This is bad. I knew from the very beginning when you accepted his challenge that it was very bad," Max said.

"You have to stop this now, Hay Lin. Why did you even agree in the first place?" Bless switched to their side now.

"I did not sign up for this, brats. I just.. I just feel like I owe it to him."

After everything that has happened yesterday, I think I needed to make it up to him.

"Screw it!" Max scoffed.

"Will you all stop over-reacting?"

All heads snapped to Charm who just spoke. She have not uttered a single word since.

"Instead of scolding Hay Lin, we should look for a solution. Clearly, all these dramas are not helping."

God! Thank you Charm!

"But you heard her say that she must make him fall in love!" Max spat.

"He said he must fall in love. He did not say to whom he must fall in love," Charm smirked.

"So, all we have to do is help Hay Lin make Hevo fall in love not with her but to someone else?" Bless questioned.

"Exactly," Charm nodded.

"Oh my gosh! You are a genius, Charm!" Mia squealed.

Charm's idea was brilliant and I ran up to her for a hug.

"I have a bad feeling on this, brat," she whispered. "Mia's right. You are in big trouble."

"Hmm? Why?"