Code of Conduct 17

Rule #143: Never Fall in Love with a GL (English V2.0)

Code of Conduct 17

Hay Lin's POV

Hevo cleared his throat that woke me from my train of thoughts. He already pulled over in front of our house.

"Thanks," I said feebly as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Finally! I thought I was the only one here," He said.

I just stared at him. "What are you thinking?" I asked.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking? What are you thinking?"

It took me a few seconds to respond. Should I tell him?

"There's... It's just..." How should I say this? I settled with "Nevermind."

Hevo's forehead creased in question. "You put me on tenterhooks here so you better tell me."

I stared at Hevo. Right then, my instinct told me that he'd be honest with me.

"Hevo," I began softly. I looked at him square in the eyes so that he'll know this is a serious conversation. "What do you think of me?"

He was obviously taken aback by my sudden question but he recovered immediately and grinned at me.

"You are the most annoying person in my life."

He said it like it was the most casual thing in the world but I felt like something pricked me all of a sudden. I was not mad at him for saying that. I just wanted to get out of the car this instant.

But before I could make a move, he added, chuckling, "You are the ugliest, the most off key ghost on fire lovergirl that I know. You are a crazy, and moody, and unpredictable mermaid."

I laughed at all his descriptions of me. I even forgot that I was supposed to leave the car. Hevo certainly knows how to make amends for his words quickly.

"Lastly, you have this big, huge, massive, gigantic, mega crush on me." He declared smugly.

"Oh please, God bless your delusional heart!" I laughed.

I was wrong when I thought he'd be serious about this. In any case, I am glad that he described me nowhere within the lines of 'I am a slut, a whore, and cheap'. He doesn't take me for that way.

When I stopped laughing, I gazed back at him only to find that he's been staring at me. The foreign feelings in my stomach started again.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"What was bothering you?" His voice had never been as calm as this.

"You don't think I'm a slut or whore or cheap, do you?" I was thinking out loud.

Hevo's brows furrowed. "What? Who would think that?"

For the first time, Hevo sounded like my friends and to be honest, it was quite comforting.

"Huh, I did not peg you for that type," he mumbled.

"What type?"

"I always thought you have high self-esteem. You don't need to be reminded you're amazing because you know that you are."

I have gone mute. That's what he thinks of me? I was beyond flattered. I was not sure if it was because that's what he pegs me for or because it's coming from him...or both.

"You know what? Whatever or whoever put that crap in your head, knows nothing about you. Let me ask, do you believe in that bull?"

I shook my head and utter a faint, "No."

"Then don't let it get the best of you especially when it's not true."

I stared at Hevo. I could not believe that he's the one who's telling me all these things. It's like I am conversing with a stranger. Am I talking to Hevo's alter ego?

"Who are you and what have you done to Hevo?" I queried then stretched the back of my hand to his forehead that I may check his temperature. Maybe he's not feeling well.

He chuckled, "Hey, I'm healthy." He removed my hand.

I smiled, "Thank you."

My estimation of him would have raised more notches if it weren't for his humblest response, "No biggie. I've always been a more than average, sensitive, young God like."

Hevo would not be Hevo if he won't turn the conversation into his egotistic comebacks.

"Taking your piece of advice, I will not really believe what you just said especially when it's not true." I chuckled and patted his shoulder before I get out of the car.

Carelessly, I accidentally bumped my head to the car's roof. I held my head for the stinging. My eyes were shut as I braced the numbing in my head. The next second, then I felt more fingers aside from mine on top of my head.

He removed his hands and I heard him rubbing both palms. Then, he pressed it on my aching head.

Soon, the sting was gone. I slowly opened my eyes. The first thing that my sight spotted was his chin. He was standing so close to me. My heart beat faster and I felt butterflies in my stomach. My eyes trailed to his lips. I heard the pumping of my heart in my ears.

I caught sight of his nose. I noticed he was breathing unevenly. Was his heart beating as fast as mine?

We stared in each other's eyes. His black orbs made me feel like I was going to melt. My face heat up. When did he become this attractive to me?

That moment felt like ages. He was the first one to break it. Disappointment rushed through me.

Why in the world should I be disappointed? Was I expecting a k--

No! No Hay Lin! You can't possibly...

I shook my head to erase that creepy thought.

"You okay?" He asked. We already have a safe distance between us.

I just nodded my head, refusing to make eye contact. "You should be careful next time," he chuckled.

"Yeah," I managed a soft laugh before walking to our gate.

Hevo entered his car. I waited for him to leave before I go inside.

His car honked and he rolled down his window first.

"I like a girl who is confident and needs no validation of others."

Where is he getting at? I furrowed my brows in question, "Why are you telling me this?"

"You asked me what I'm looking for in a girl, remember? That is my type." He winked and drove away.

His words came flashing back to me.

I always thought you have high self-esteem. You don't need to be reminded you're amazing because you know that you are.

I like a girl who is confident and needs no validation of others.

Drawing inference, a smile crept to my face.

××××
A/N: Hi! Please VOTE + COMMENT + SHARE. Haha Thank you very much guys! Stay awesome! :*

Oday_18
X