I floated there awkwardly a little unsure of what to do,"Uhh, Charlie?"

She groaned and sighed,"Let me handle this one," Sucking in a deep breath, she screamed at the top of her lungs, making me wince,"DAAAAAAAAAAAD!"

"A little softer next time please." I wanted to rub my poor ears to make sure they were okay but doing so would drop her.

"Oh hush."

"C-Charlotte? Is that you Charlotte?"

"Wait, Charlotte?" I muttered in confusion,"Who the hell's this Charlotte?"

"That's my actual name. I prefer if you call me C or Charlie though." She answered casually as if it were a normal thing.

"Nearly three years together and you never thought to mention your actual name?"

"Nearly three years together and you never thought to mention oh I don't know, that you could turn into an angel?"

"Touché, Charlie, touché."

"I see my old man at the front gate. Land there!" She pointed at the large square just before the garden where a large fountain stood.

Descending from the skies, I finally caught sight of this man, Charlie's father, Kaiser Rhode.

Darkened, wrinkled skin and eyes wizened and filled with knowledge from the years of experience, a full beard of white signifying his age and kingly status.

His robust physical body and fully plate armour embellished with bits of gold, a decorative cape adorned, falling over his left side showed youth and regality a monarch was respected for.

A sword forged of unknown metal, gleamed in the dying embers of the setting sun, enigmatic sigils full of detail intricately carved upon the worn blade which had clearly gone through numerous reforging processes to maintain its sharpness displayed a sort of knightly aura showing he had earned his spot as king rightfully and not through bloodline alone.

To the side of him, a large labradoodle with white fur quietly sitting upright, a red collar with a medallion made of silvery metal around its neck.

The moment our feet touched the ground, Charlie ran forward and hugged the old man,"Dad!"

The man was still a little stunned, body stiff but his rigid expression quickly softened as he embraced her,"Daughter, you've returned."

"Mm. I'm home." After they let go of each other, the man turned to me,"I suppose you are my Charlotte's soulmate?"

"Sorry, give me a moment. Human form," I felt my wings disappear from me back as I stretched my sore body,"Ahh, that's better."

"Dad, meet Artemis. Arty, meet my dad, Kaiser Rhode." Charlie introduced us to each other. While I normally wouldn't show much respect to others, seeing that her father wasn't just a royal stuck-up asshole, I made a conscious effort to not appear like one either since I really didn't want to start trouble with him. I bowed slightly, to which he nodded, before shooting me a weird look,"Are you human or angel?"

"Complicated. I'm a human. But—I can change into quite a few forms. It's a spell unique to me."

"I see...Then perhaps we should talk in a more private area. Cornelius, tell the chef to serve dinner for today earlier. Three portions.

"Yes, your majesty."

"Argo, let's—Haah," The man was rather mild mannered, not as sprightly as Charlie probably due to his age. He shook his head like a defeated man looking at the dog.

Charlie had long turned her attention to the dog who I assumed was named Argo, scratching its ears and body, turning it from fiercely loyal and stoic to a mess of huffs and woofs at the mercy of her hands.

I knew what it was like, those hands. The things she could accomplish with them were aplenty and once they found a target, they would not stop till she was satisfied.

Slapping my cheeks slightly, I cleared my head of these nonsensical thoughts.

"You're thinking of something lewd, aren't you?" Charlie accused with a coy grin.

"No I'm not."

"Liar liar."