Part 35 Madeline

She just disappeared. With the baby.

Oh my.

Where am I? Am I in heaven?

It appears to be. I made it. I made it to heaven.

Cassie, Freya and Amara walk towards me. Once again golfing me in their embraces.

I get to meet the others. Each of them with a smile towards me. I can feel like myself again.

Like I am not drowning anymore. Like I finally took my very first breath after a very long time. My chest doesn't feel heavy anymore.

This place is just amazing. It smells amazing. Like lavender and vanilla, and something else I can't describe.

The flowers are just so beautiful. The sky is a beautiful blue with a couple of clouds. The sun feels amazing on my skin.

I feel free.

I smile big, the little kids start running around me. I take big steps. One foot in front of the other. Faster and faster. Laughter following behind me. Cassie on my side. The wind caresses my face as I run. This feels amazing. I can here the children behind me trying to catch up.

I start to laugh each step taking making me more excited. How far can I go? How long can I run?

Will I collapse of exhaustion? Or can I run forever? I run into the trees. Passing beautiful trees. Each having a purpose. Apple trees, mango trees, so many kinds of tree in one place. How is it possible?

I don't care this place is magnificent. I keep running and come close to a beautiful clearing. A small but gorgeous waterfall, big boulders on the side of the waterfall. A pond like pool with a small stream coming out of it. The grass greener than where I was at. Small white flowers everywhere. I go into the water. The water feels amazing. I lay on my back and let the water hold me.

Not too long Cassie, Freya and the other kids show up. They all jump in the water as well. Making big peaceful splashes on the water. The little kids are swimming.

Laughter feeling up my ears.

This is what I wanted. This is what I needed.

Happiness.

"Madeline." Cassie's sweet voice calls out to me.

She swims towards me. I meet her in the middle. Her arms around my neck.

"How is Eric?" Her question brings back memories. Eric's hugs. The way he would comfort me.

Nicholas.

I can feel laughter around me. The feeling of water taking over my lungs.

No matter what he will always be there, but he isn't here. I should be safe? Right?

"Are you ok?" Cassie asks. Freya comes and takes Cassie away.

"Did something happen? What happened to Eric? Is he ok?" They don't know.

"What's going on?" Amara comes towards us. Laughter dying down.

"Nothing." I get out of the water. The whispers getting to me.

"Madeline." Freya calls out. She catches my hand tears running down her eyes. "What happened? What happened when we where gone?"

"Too much. Too much happened." I fall to the ground and let the tears get to me.

I feel arms around me. Cassie and the little boy we both hugging me. More come to me and hold on to me. I cry.

Time passes by looks like I fell asleep. No we all fell asleep. It's dark out. The sky is filled with stars.

It looks much more beautiful.

"Madeline, are you awake?" Cassie's sweet voice whispers in my ear. I look to her. Her beautiful blue eyes filled love and wonder.

"Yeah." I whisper back.

"Is everything ok?"

"Right now, yes but where Danny is. It's bad. Bad things happened. I don't want to repeat." I say.

"Is Eric ok?"

"Yes he is fine. He loves me completely."

Cassie's eyes fill with happiness. "He does? I knew it. I know he looks scary but I could always see his heart. He never meant no harm."

"Yes me too, I fell in love with his heart."

"Do you think Danny will bring him here if we ask?"

I smile big at her. "We could ask but I noticed that she doesn't understand her powers yet. It could take time, but I hope so. I miss him."

We spent the whole time talking and catching up. I don't tell her the bad things. I don't tell her about Nicholas, what he did or what he made me do to Danny.

Even speaking with Cassie I still feel like I am drowning. My whole world is still dark inside me. No matter how much I try.

A flashing light makes everyone get up. We look around and see Danny standing there with Raphael and Jade. Their faces shocked.

"Danny." Cassie gets away from my embrace and runs to Danny. Danny is still holding the baby girl.

"Danny you came back, and you brought Raphael and Jade." I say.

"This place is amazing." Jade says. She looks around, meeting everyone she can.

Raphael puts his arm around Danny. Cassie and Freya stare at him.

"Who is he?" Cassie asks.

"This is Raphael. He has been helping me." Danny says. The baby plays with Danny's long brown hair. She looks at her and hugs her tight. I can feel the whole in my heart open up more. Tearing me open. Making me go deeper and deeper in the ocean once again.

I took Danny's baby away. She would have been showing by now.

A beautiful woman walks to Danny and opens up her arms. That's the babies mother. Danny sadly gives her the baby. As soon as she does Raphael hugs Danny tight.

She does seem happier with Raphael. Maybe he is right for her. I know that Lucifer loves her completely. Yet he is very selfish, So is Raphael but he wouldn't kill Danny's parent.

Raphael seems to care a whole lot for Danny.

"Madeline, I am gonna get more people to bring them here, but I'll first get my parents. This will be a world for everyone who deserves a second chance."

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!