Ⅸ - Warming Up To The Group

I WALKED towards my locker feeling famished. I didn't get to eat anything because Kevin and I were finishing our math project and now, the bell is about to ring, giving me no time to eat.

"Great." I muttered as I hear my stomach growl.

"I'm guessing. . .  You're hungry." A familiar voice accused.

I looked up and saw Ashton leaning on the lockers with an amused smile on his beautiful face.

"Err, no. . ." I trailed off, quite embarassed that he had to hear my stomach complain.

My stomach growls once more, proving that my answer was a total lie. I looked up at Ashton and he cocked his eyebrow at me, now more amused.

"Don't play innocent Hale. It doesn't suit you." He mutters distractedly as I scoop my hair into a pony tail until I was contented with the style.

"Are you here to insult me Ashton?" I faked hissed and he laughed.

"No. I'm here to tell you to skip class and eat outside the campus with me." He says softly.

Is he asking me on a date?

"I can't." I grumbled. "I have class, we both have class." I told him pointedly as I tried to focus to our conversation which was hard, since the very minute Ashton talked to me—A lot were trying to eavesdrop and every one was looking at us.

I even heard a girl passing by saying 'Omg, Ashton asked the new girl out for a date!'

Seriously, people here need to get a life.

"What can I do to tempt you to say yes?" He pouts and I give up.
Grinning, he offered me his hand to take and I gently put my hand on his and he started dragging me outside the school. On our way out, I got envious stares and whispers from almost every girl we pass.

We were almost out, when two boys blocked our way and I recognized them completely.

The guy is Zeus Brooks, the prankster of the school ; this guy's a legend, he never got caught yet he always make sure it was known that it was his doing, but they still don't have enough proof to punish him.

The other guy is Luke Jackson, the school's joker, another hot dude who just screws girls then leaves them.

Ashton frowns when they came into view.

"Sneaking out with a hot girl, you guys are naughty." Zeus says urgently and wiggled his eyebrows and I immediately understood what he meant.

"Perv." I snapped at him. He just shrugged and smiled.

Ashton then looked at me as if saying I'm sorry through his eyes and I smiled, reassuring him it's okay.

I eyed Zeus dispassionately and he stared at me confused. Idiot.

"We weren't screwing each other Einstein, we just wanted to eat at IHOP." Ashton scowled.

Oh, IHOP. So that's where he was planning to bring me. Mhm. I can almost smell the pancake's sweet yummy scent and my mouth watered in an instant.

"Can we come?" Zeus eyes twinkled like lights on a christmas tree.

"No." Ashton growls, pure disagreement flows from his tone.

"Hey, no fair! I'm hungry too!" Zeus mewled, rubbing his stomach for dramatic effects then used the beautiful eyes move.

"Like, yeah bro, I wanna ditch school too baby." Luke butted in.

"Fine. Whatever. Pay for your own fucking food." He smiles with sarcastic sweetness.

"Yeay!" Zeus jumped up and down like a kid with a sugar rush.