ⅩⅧ - Super Alex To My Rescue

"WHAT?" Ashton's voice boomed from the other line, making me cringe.

"Ashton, are you alright? You seemed panicked?"

He exhales deeply and I know he's pissed. "No, I'm shocked at his audacity to accuse me of something like that." He scoffs, and continues. "Looks like that bastard got it hot for you."

Hot for me?

I sighed, and massaged my temples. "I don't understand."

"It's obvious isn't it?"

I silently groaned. "Not to me."

"Baby, Marcus is obviously nuts for you! He said it himself that he likes you, and he wants you!" He yells, his tone frustrated.

I moaned, pissed off at being confused and mislead. "He's not, okay? He said it himself when he went here, he told me he lied, he lied to protect me from you." I inhaled deeply. "Why would he lie about liking me then lie about him telling that lie?"

"I'm sorry baby, you lost me with all of the lies."

I grind my teeth together. Marcus isn't making the tiny bit of sense. He's getting me pissed.

"All I'm saying is, why would he tell me that the reason you asked me to be your girlfriend is because you and the other jocks played a game?" I asked, my voice breaking at the end. I really hope Marcus is lying, because I would be, gah! I don't even want to think about Marcus' accusations.

I mean, I already feel so guilty for becoming Ashton's girlfriend even though I have this certain feeling towards Marcus and I would just be outraged if Aston is just playing with me.

"Hey, don't tell me you believe that son of a bitch?" He spats, his voice coated with disgust.

I am slightly stunned at how he labeled his ex bestfriend. Sure, they had a scene at the cafeteria, but his tone just somehow made me shiver, it's just shocking. His tone is filled with disgust and loathing, and to think Marcus is, well, no, was his bestfriend.

"Baby?"

"Uh, um, yeah?"

"You didn't answer me, are you okay?" He asks, his tone concern and soft.

I licked my dry lips and bobbed my head up and down. I musn't over think things. It's just nothing.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

I hear him chuckle. "Good. I just hope you don't believe him."

I let out a nervous laugh. "No, ofcourse not!" I scratched the back of my neck and bit my lip. "Why would I believe him?"

"I don't know. I just, I'm worried okay?"

I shift my position to the other side. "Don't be. I believe you."

He sighs in relief. "Okay baby, that's good to hear. I believe you too. "

"So, he went to your house and pretended to be your boyfriend?" He snorts.

I roll my eyes. "Yup. My parents thought he's my boyfriend."

He snickered. "Lucky bastard."

I scoffed. Oh this man and his jealousy.

"You did tell them he was lying right?" He asks, sounding hopeful.

Oh shit. I didn't. "Uh, not really."

He gasps. "What? Why?"

"It slipped my mind okay? Don't blame me!" I squeaked. "After hearing him tell me that you're just using me, it slipped my mind!"