ⅩⅩⅫ - Stopping My Panic Attack

BRIGHT, WARM, piercing light fills the room, coaxing me from my heavy slumber to wakefulness.

I endeavor to keep it at bay for a few more wonderful minutes. I still want to sleep. I feel too exhausted and deprived of rest. But, the glare is too strong, and I finally succumb to the idea of really waking up.

I groan and willingly stretched both of my arms above my head, only to have my right arm restrained. There is a heavy weight on it.

What the?

My eyes flutter open, irritated by the heavy weight. I turn to my side, and I see Marcus Storm. I yawned. No surprise there, I knew that someone would be beside me when I wake up.

He's facing me, and I have an unprecedented opportunity to study him. His beautiful face looks peaceful, relaxed in sleep. His sculptured lips are parted slightly, and his shiny clean hair is a glorious mess.

All in all, he looks so perfect. Michelangelo's David has nothing on him. For a moment, I have forgotten about my restrained arm.

I turn my head to the other side, and Tanya is beside me. She's hugged by Cal who's snoring softly behind her, while Luke is quietly sleeping behind Cal.

My brows are crossed. Where is Zeus? I let out a small giggle as I sat up, and peered over Marcus. Ah, there he is. Zeus is shirtless, the words ZEUS IS THE GOD in bright blue color, written on his chest.

I supressed a laugh, not wanting to wake them up, surely they're going to have a bad case of hang over from the amount of alcohol they drank last night.

I checked myself on how I'm feeling. My head is slightly fuzzy and I have a small head ache. I feel dog tired and I'm kind of lacking most memories from last night, but other than that, I actually feel fine.

Praise Jesus for that.

I squinted my heavy eyes and yawned again. I looked at my clock, it says 5:44. Good. We're not going to be late. My bladder has woken up and I need to pee. I stood up, only to be pulled back down.

God damn it. I pull my wrist forcefuly and as I do, something bites into my flesh.

"What the fuck. . ." I mumble petulantly. I looked down on my wrist, and my eyes widen in disbelief.

"Son of a bitch." I growled. Who the hell did this? I flicked the thing, it's hard. It looks like the legit one. Oh, fuck.

Who? What? When? Why?

I touched the metal and it's cold. It looks like the one they use for criminals.

Shit.

I am freaking handcuffed with Marcus Storm. Hard, sturdy, metal handcuffs on my wrist and Marcus' wrist.

My jaw tightens and I look at the metal with a heated glare. Ugh! Really? Handcuffs? AND WITH MARCUS STORM. The guy who made me feel that certaing heart warming feeling that I've been trying to dismiss. Who ever did this will pay.

I exhaled sharply, took a calming deep breath, before opening my mouth and screamed my ass off.

Marcus immediately shot up sitting down, his green sleepy blinking eyes are confused, scanning the surroundings. Tanya also screams, yelling bloody murder while looking around.

Zeus falls on the floor with a loud thud, and the same thing happened to Luke. Cal— well, Cal was as calm as Marcus. Both of them are just looking around with their blinking tired eyes, searching for what the heck made me scream.

"Oh my God. Shut the fuck up Hale." Marcus grumbled, irritated before lying back down, dragging me with him. He doesn't take notice.

"Isay why are you screaming?" Tanya moaned, her expression sulky.