49) Two Can Play at That Game

Start from the beginning

"Has anyone ever told you that you're quite the charmer Mr. Hatake?" I asked, making him smirk.

"Charming enough to get a kiss?" He asked as I giggled.

"Hmm, sure... If you want to deal with my morning breath like you always over exaggerate about, time and time again." I teased.

"Hmm, I'd kiss that horrible toxic smell, that you call morning breath, over and over again, if you'd let me." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"You're loosing your charm the more you talk." I said sarcastically, as he giggled before climbing on top of me.

"Guess I should probably try and earn it back huh?" He asked, as our noses touched, and I bit my lip.
"May I kiss you, Ms. (Y/N)?" He asked, as I smiled.

"Please?" I asked, making him chuckle, leaning into the kiss, before placing his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss, as my fingers intertwined into his hair, giving giving a small tug as he let out a heavy breath, before pulling away and staring into my eyes.

"You might be the death of me (Y/N)." He said, as he kissed my forehead. Before I could I could make a remark, the alarm went off making us both sigh.

"The Fifth Hokage working us into the ground, will actually be the death of us." I groaned as he chuckled.

"It's not that bad babe, besides you're the one who wanted nothing more than to be a shinobi. Welcome to the life we live." He said, and I sighed.

"I know, I know. It's just you and I have been going non stop since Naruto left. I mean so much has happened and we've rarely been around to really celebrate it. All of those kids are jōnin now! Sakura is a jōnin!! Our Sakura!! And we rarely see her anymore, because we are always going out on these missions and I don't know. I just wish we had a break, because we all know when Naruto comes back, we won't have time for that." I said, with a partial joking voice.

"I guess you're right. Naruto will probably want us to train him, as if he hasn't been training all this time with a legendary Sanin." He said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right, though Master Jiriaya does have his moments." I said with a giggle.

And once Naruto comes back, we'll have to be on guard as well.

"Why don't we get ready and head down to the Hokage's office, and see what we need to do. Maybe if we're lucky, we won't have too much today, and we can have that break you're wanting." He said as I smiled.

"That or we'll be worked into the ground like packed mules." I teased as he chuckled and got out of bed.

"I guess that's what happens when you're one of the best." He said, making me roll my eyes, as I watched his bare back head to the bathroom.

I know exactly what i'd love to do the second I get free time.

* * *

"You guys are cleared for the day off." Lady Tsunade said, making me furrow my brows, as the rest of us looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Kurenai asked, as we all nodded.

"I mean, you have no assignments today?" Lady Tsunade said, in confusion.

"But... You always have us doing something." I said, as she nodded.

"Always." Asuma added, making me nod.

"Yes, but I've sent some of the your jōnin on missions, and some of the others are doing the other duties." She said, as Kakashi and I looked at each other.
"So in other words, today-"