Chapter Twenty-Two

“What do you mean by that?” Jeffrey asked the voice. “You really did forget huh? No matter. You’ll find out soon.” it replied back. Jeffrey sighed and said, “You know, I don’t like having a voice inside my head mate,” he said calmly. “Well, I don’t feel like dying either. Soon you’ll finally be awakened,” it replied back. “Awaken? Awaken you?” Jeffrey asked slowly. “Ahahaha, you’re finally getting it! You’ll see what you and I could do.” the voice said evilly. “Whatever it is, I don’t want to be part of this.” Jeffrey sighed quietly. “Sadly you are a friend. But don’t you worry. I’ll get us both out of here alive.” the voice chuckled slightly. “Why can’t I see you? Might as well meet you properly.” Jeffrey said looking around the grassland he was in. “If you wish to see me, then I’ll allow it,” it said quietly. A gust of wind blew around Jeffrey for a few moments. Then a light appeared in front of him, but a shadowy object was walking out of it. The objected looked exactly like Jeffrey, but with a few unique features. It was wearing a long black jacket, with black colored hair and black boots. It also had gloves on and was hiding its eyes with a mask. “Dude this isn’t Persona.” Jeffrey sighed while looking at the object. “Very funny, Jeffrey Fost. I am your other half,” it replied. “Your name being?” Jeffrey asked it. “The name is Jeffrey Fost of course.” it replied.

Jeffrey chuckled slightly and sighed right afterward. “Very funny, but really? What is your name?” he asked it again with a serious tone in his voice. “I am serious. And I didn’t mean to make it feel like Persona of course. It’ll be cool if I was your Persona won’t it?” it asked him with a slight smirk. Jeffrey replied with a sigh and nodded. “I’ll just call you Jeff instead,” he told it before walking off. “Wouldn’t you want to know what’s going on, pal?” Jeff asked him in a serious tone that Jeffrey used. Jeffrey stopped and glared at it slightly. “What is going on then?” he asked Jeff calmly. Jeff chuckled quietly and started speaking. “Let me tell you this. There is a traitor in your group. A mastermind you might call them. They were the reason you and your so-called friends are in this killing game.” it said in a somewhat joking matter. “And who is this “mastermind”?” Jeffrey asked it. “You won’t like the answer,” it said before finishing its answer. Several minutes passed before a voice was ringing through Jeffrey’s head again. “Hm? Looks like it’s time to wake up,” Jeffrey sighed before walking off leaving his other half alone again. “Good luck pal,” Jeff said quietly and disappeared. The voice became clearer after another several minute. “Wake up!” Krystal yelled at Jeffrey. Jeffrey woke up and jumped off his bed in shock. Krystal sighed and said, “Finally! You’re up. Come one the others are waiting,” she said before running out of his cabin. Jeffrey looked around and sighed before walking out of his cabin. “Here we go again,” he said quietly while closing the door behind him.

Krystal and Jeffrey ran into the space station with all the others. They waved at the two and sighed slightly. “Overslept?” Ian asked Krystal. She nodded and sighed as well. “Well sorry,” Jeffrey said in a joking tone. Ian and nodded and decided to tell a pencil joke. Zoey shot him down before he said anything with a glare. “We should find the control panel for the rocket ship if it even has one.” she said motioning her hand to follow her. The group followed her command and followed. The explored the northern part of the building since no one else was able to explore it. “This is very big isn’t it?” Zay asked everyone while looking around. Everyone else shrugged as a response to his question. The group ended up at a huge door that was blocking their way. “Another door?” Charlie said kicking the door. Jeffrey sighed and looked at Zay who nodded in agreement. “We must find a key in one of the rooms here,” Zay sighed looking at everyone. The group nodded in agreement and went off looking for the key. A few hours passed and everyone met up at the door empty handed. “No luck?” Aliza asked. Everyone nodded and sighed. “We’ll try tomorrow guys,” Jeffrey said. The group walked back to their cabins before the curfew anoccement and went to bed again.

“You’re back for more huh?” Jeff asked Jeffrey with a slight smirk. Jeffrey sighed and nodded. “Maybe you know where the key is?” Jeffrey asked it calmly and curiously. Jeff shook its head in disagreement making Jeffrey sigh. “Ready to awaken?” Jeff asked him. “Hell no!”, Jeffrey yelled at it. “I am not letting you take control bastard,” he said. Jeff chuckled slightly and smiled before saying, “I won’t be in complete control. Just think of us as fusing into one,” it said calmly. Jeffrey shook his head in disagreement and glared at it. “The answer is no,” he said before walking off. It sighed and walled Jeffrey off. “Looks like I need to force you,” it said disappointment and pointed a dagger at him. Jeffrey looked at it and sighed. “Are we really going to fight?” he asked it stretching lightly. Jeff nodded and passed Jeffrey a dagger as well. “Ready?” Jeffrey asked before dashing at Jeff. “Ready,” it replied back before dashing at Jeffrey. Their weapons clashed and made a sound of thunder. A loud groan was made followed by a quiet snicker.