Chapter Twenty

The sun was still up and running in the camp. It was only 3:25 PM according to the time in Kuma Kuma Mall. Everyone met up in the disco room to have a nice little party. "Let us try and have to fun everyone! We'll go until curfew time!", Zay yelled out while fist bumping into the air. Everyone else in the room did the same thing while yelling. The party started soon after Zay's speech. Zay and Ian had a dancing competition that Zay automatically won. Krystal and Zoey were talking to each other on the opposite side of the room. Aliza ate some food that was present at the party and Jeffrey was outside of the room. It was already 5:25 PM as the music slowly died down. Zay and Jeffrey chatted for a few while Ian was telling pencil jokes to the others. "Very nice joke, Ian.", Krystal said trying to polite before walking off towards Zay and Jeffrey. "What's going with you two?", she asked them. They didn't answer back for a few minutes. "Are you guys ok? You are kinda acting dead at this point.", she said playfully trying to get them to talk. Not a word came out of their mouths. Krystal sighed and stood in between them. They all stared off into nothing lost in their thoughts. "Guys!", Charlie yelled out before the body discovery announcement went off. "Not this shit again!", Zay yelled out as Krystal teared up slightly. Jeffrey on the other hand sighed and nodded. "It has started again my friend."

Everyone followed Charlie to find the body. They stopped when they saw Danielle dead on the floor. There was no blood on the floor or near the body. However, there was paint on the wall that read: "Goodbye." Zoey and Krystal stood there quietly while everyone else ran up to the body. "D-Damn it all! Why does this always happen?", Ian asked sadly. "Whoever done this will get caught.", Jeffrey said calmly. Everyone in the group nodded in agreement and started the investigation once more. Zay and Jeffrey stood at the crime scene while Ian and Charlie went upstairs to find any evidence along with Aliza. Krystal and Zoey investigated downstairs near the crime scene. "There is no signs of slashes, stabs, or anything that could have killed her.", Zay said before Jeffrey could say anything. "No signs of any struggle or being strangled either.", Zay continued with a sigh. "This is going to be tricky. Is there any signs of broken bones?", Jeffrey asked, but Zay shrugged. "I might be able to help!", Monokuma yelled out with a grin. Both Zay and Jeffrey sighed and let Monokuma help them out. "Upupup! There are several broken bones! Welp good luck campers!", he said before disappearing into the vending machine. "Well, we can conclude that she died by jumping off something.", Zay said nodding to himself. Jeffrey looked around and shrugged slightly before noticing a security camera. "Let's go find the security office.", Jeffrey said while pointing at the camera. Meanwhile, Ian and Charlie were looking around the different shops that were around the crime scene. "A paint shop, a clothing store, and a hair salon.", Ian said out loud reading the signs. "How the hell are these going to help us?", Charlie asked Ian with a sigh. "The message on the wall was written with paint. So that means that one of the paint canisters were taken from the paint shop.", Ian said proudly. Charlie groaned slightly. "I hate art!", he said before walking into the shop with Ian. There were different kinds of paint everywhere in the store. It very from watercolor to gloss paint. Colors from red to a dark shade of purple to even a rainbow colored paint canister. "What the hell? Why so much paint?!", Charlie yelled out while looking around the store. Ian searched the cabinets that held the different colored paint until he found some missing. "The color of the message was a light purple. This is the purple section and lots of light purple paint is missing. We found our missing paint!", Ian yelled out loudly with pride. Charlie shrugged and continued searching around the store to find something else.

Krystal and Zoey met up with Aliza who decided to find where the missing paint was. "The paint wasn't there when we found the body. The culprit must have hidden it before killing her.", Aliza said while looking around the jewelry section with Krystal and Zoey. "Why in this section though? It'll be pretty dumb to have hidden it here.", Krystal said with a sigh. Zoey nodded in agreement before speaking. "I mean. Why did the culprit write "Goodbye" with paint on the wall next to Danielle?" The three stopped searching and looked for an answer. "It could have been a suicide.", Aliza concluded. The other girls stood quiet and bit their lips slightly. "Hopefully it was.", Krystal whispered to Zoey as she nodded in agreement. "Weren't you two with Danielle the entire day?", Aliza asked them. They looked at each other before giving her an answer. "Yeah we were, but she had to go get something. The culprit could have overheard us and planned an attack.", Zoey said with a bit of sadness in her voice. "She didn't tell where she was going, however... So we can't help you with that.", Krystal said looking down at the floor with doubt. Aliza sighed and continued searching around. "Hey, guys. Some of the jewelry is covered with some paint.", Aliza said while pointing at one of them. "So the culprit must have hidden it here.", Krystal said quietly. Zoey sighed and scratched her head. "The culprit must have painted it by accident.", she said while sighing to herself. Jeffrey and Zay were still looking for the security office for the mall. They found several dead ends that had several different Monokuma posters on the wall. "Damn man! Where the hell is this office?!", Zay yelled out before sighing. Jeffrey continued looking around from where he stood before grinning slightly. "Let us check the disco room.", he said while walking towards it. Zay shrugged and followed him to the room.