Chapter Twelve

The next day came in slowly like every other day in Camp Hope’s Peak. Jeffrey was already up and out of his cabin walking towards the entrance of Mono Land. “Morning, Jeffrey.”, Ian said while yawning. “Morning.”, Jeffrey answered back as the two young males walked through the tunnel leading to the amusement park. “Morning campers!”, Monokuma yelled out as he appeared behind a bush. “What do you want?”, Jeffrey asked him as Monokuma grinned. “Why I fixed the amusement park! Mono Land is up and running! Puhuhu~!”, Monokuma gave a thumbs up before leading them to the end of the tunnel. When the three entered Mono Land, the park was full of life. The attractions were up and running, little Monokuma’s were at prize corners and food courts. The two young men stood there in shock as Monokuma jumped up and down in a business suit.

“When did you get the time to do this shit?!”, Jeffrey asked Monokuma as he laughed. “Why to give my campers entertainment of course.”, he grinned to himself before disappearing behind a tree. The two young men were still standing there pondering. Ian ran out of Mono Land to get the others to come to the amusement park. After a few minutes, everyone else made it into the park and stood there with the same expression as Jeffrey. “But the rides were not working when we were here!”, Andrew yelled out as everyone started to walk around the park that is now full of life. One of the little Monokuma’s went up to all the girls and gave them a rose. “Uhm… Thanks?”, Mackayla said quietly as did the other girls. The little robot bears bowed and left leaving the males in some sort of shock. Everyone returned to wandering around the park not saying a single word. The signs for the rides and cinema lit up with color while the lines for the rides were filled up with a bunch of Monokuma’s. “This… Isn’t real right?”, Charlie asked as everyone else was thinking of the same question and answer for it. “Guys… I know we shouldn’t, but I think we should have a bit of fun!”, Zay yelled out as everyone’s attention was focused on Jeffrey who shrugged and said, “Sure thing, I guess.”

Everyone split into small groups of two or three and ran off into the park. Ian and Zay went on the rollercoaster with the other Monokuma’s who was on board with them. Danielle, Brian, and Aliza went back to the Ferris Wheel with more Monokuma’s who took up most of the line. Zoey, Karla, and Krystal went back to the haunted mansion to see if everything was the same or not. Jeffrey, Mackayla, and Charlie went around the little minigames that appeared around the park. Andrew went to the cinema alone and decided to watch one of the movies there. “These are horrible movies! But there are no lines here so I guess so.”, he shrugged it off and opened the double doors. The sign above was labeled “Mono and The Chocolate Factory.” After a few minutes, an announcement was made throughout the park. “Attention everyone! Mono Land is about to close! Please leave and go to your cabins. Repeat leave and go to your cabins!”, Monokuma’s voice rang throughout the whole park. The group met up at the entrance of the park and walked to their cabins. Jeffrey sat on his bed and sighed. “Dammit, why was that fun?”, he asked himself before forcing himself to sleep. The next day came in as the usual morning announcement was made again. Yet, everyone was already up and was walking towards Mono Land. The group was in a very good mood for once. The living hell that they were in was gone for the moment. The park was already breeding with life as the group decided to check out the haunted mansion again. The once cardboard cutouts were full on scary props that gave everyone, but Jeffrey and Danielle a spook. They all laughed it off and made it to the end of the mansion. The once iron door was replaced with two wooden doors. The group opened it up and was greeted with a loud noise that made everyone fall onto the floor laughing. Karla looked around and spoke up, “Hey guys? Where’s Mackayla and Krystal?” Everyone looked around and ran out of the mansion. Andrew ran into the group with Krystal who was fully pale. “What happened?!”, Jeffrey asked Krystal as Andrew led the group towards to rollercoaster ride. Everyone stood there in shock. Blood was splattered on the floor as it trailed towards a body on the roller coaster tracks. “Mackayla!”, everyone cried out before she was run over by the roller coaster. The body discovery announcement went off. The killing game began once more.