Chapter Nineteen

“Where are we?” a voice said in the empty world. “Ian! There’s light over there!” There was a bright light in the other directions coming towards the disembodied voices. They were now in a room with a bunch of monitors and control panel. A young man walked in the room wearing a dark blue sweater and jeans with a crown on his head. “Who is that?” one of the voices asked. “It looks like… Jeffrey?” the other voice answered back. The young man sat on the chair and crossed his legs slightly. “Monokuma.”, the young man started slowly. “Is the camp almost ready?” Monokuma appeared from behind the chair with a grin on his face. “Upupupup! It’s done! Can’t wait to see what despair we’ll get from this.” The young man nodded and turned around. However, the world around them faded before the voices got to see the young man's face. Ian and Zay took the VR set off and looked at each other. “T-That can’t be true right?”, Ian asked Zay quietly with a worried look on his face. Zay shrugged slightly and got up. “Let us go do something.”, Zay said quietly before walking off with Ian trailing behind him. They walked past Danielle, Zoey, and Krystal who was at the nail salon getting a pedicure by a Monokuma. They walked into the arcade room and had a game of basketball.

    Charlie laid on the table groaning in pain. “Too much food!”, he burped slightly before passing out. Jeffrey and Aliza shrugged and continued eating what they had left in their bowls. “The time is coming soon, Jeffrey. We can’t hide this secret for any longer. Tell them now. Before it’s too late.” Jeffrey shook his head slightly while eating trying to ignore the voice in his head. Aliza looked over at the arcade and shrugged. “Ian and Zay are at the arcade?”, Jeffrey asked her quietly. She nodded and finished eating her food before walking off. Jeffrey was sitting in his seat with a blank expression on his face. “Don’t kid yourself. You are close to being caught. We can’t allow that to happen. Get away before things go downhill.” Jeffrey continued shaking his head trying to get rid of the voice from his head. “I’m not going to run away. Whatever is going to happen, I’ll stay and help them out.”, he said to himself quietly before finishing his food. He stood up and walked off leaving Charlie in the room sleeping.

     Ian and Zay left the arcade laughing at the stupid jokes that they were making. Krystal and Zoey walked out of the salon leaving behind Danielle because she said she had something to do. Aliza met up with Krystal and Zoey and asked them a few questions about Jeffrey. “He has been acting weird ever since Andrew’s death.”, Zoey said as the two girls with her nodded in agreement. “Maybe he is just having some doubt. Let's try and leave him alone.”, Krystal concluded while walking with Zoey and Aliza. Jeffrey was wandering the mall with a blank expression. “Stop trying to fight me, Jeffrey. We can’t live without one another. Don’t try to get into trouble.” Jeffrey sighed quietly still walking around the mall until he bumped into Ian and Zay. The trio was silent for a couple of seconds not saying a word to each other. “One way to start a conversation?”, Jeffrey started with Zay and Ian excluding themselves quickly. The voice came back in his head. “They’re onto us. We must get rid of them both! Or at least one of them.” Jeffrey punched himself to stop the voice. “Why the hell would I kill them?! I’m not trying to start another trial.”, he yelled at himself quietly looking around no one was around. Jeffrey sat on a bench and sighed to himself. “Am I going crazy? Fucking hell, I hate this place.”, he said to himself while looking at the Monokuma Disco Ball that was in the disco room upstairs. “Puhuhuhu! My my aren’t you having fun!”, Monokuma said appearing from behind a vending machine. “Monokuma. I’ve expected you.”, Jeffrey said to him while grinning slightly. A couple of minutes later… “Ahahaha! Well, I’ll see you around!”, Monokuma said before disappearing behind the vending machine. He looked up at the ceiling and chuckled. “Let us finish this game. Shall we, Jeffrey?”