Chapter 7

At the shack near the lake, Krystal and Mackayla were finally able to get the door open after several attempts. “Whoever the culprit is really doesn’t want us to find out what’s in this shack.”, Krystal said as she turned the shack light on. The shack contained fishing poles, baits, buckets, and other fishing supplies. “Nothing out of the ordinary here.”, Mackayla finished her thought, but something caught her eye. “What is it?”, Krystal asked as Mackayla picked up a shiny object from the ground. “It’s some sort of blade. With some blood on it. It still looks fresh.”, Mackayla said while examining the blade. “I see… This might be good evidence. Let’s keep looking around the shack.”, said Krystal. Brian was having a hard time staying underwater while Andrew, Ian, and Aliza were swimming around at the bottom of the lake. Fish swam past them as they were looking around for any types of clues. After several minutes of looking, they gave up and swam back up to the surface.

At the changing rooms, Danielle and Charlie decided to search in the males changing room. “There’s nothing in here, but fishing gear and extra swimming trunks!”, Charlie yelled out as he sat on the bench. “Actually. There is something here.”, said Danielle as she opened one of the lockers. It contained a book with a key inside bookmarking a page. “What is the page number?”, Charlie asked as Danielle replied, “It’s page 102. Someone decided to draw a five next to the two.” Charlie thought for a few seconds before yelling out, “That means the culprit acted at 10:25! We found Nick’s dead body at 10:45 AM. That must mean that the culprit killed him around 10:25.” Danielle agreed with it as she spotted some blood marked on the floor. It was slightly cleaned up, but still noticeable. “We got two pieces of evidence.”, said Danielle. Back at the snack bar, Jeffrey and Zay met up with Karla and Zoey. “Any leads, Zoey?”, asked Zay as she nodded in agreement. “Not only that they are several slashes on Nick’s body, but it looks like his skull was smashed in too.”, Zoey said. The four looked at one another before guessing what was used to smash Nick’s head in.

“What does the Monokuma file say about Nick’s death?”, asked Jeffrey as Karla pulled the file out. She scrolled through it as she read it out loud, “The time of death was 10:25 AM at Kuma Lake in the snack bar closet. The victim was hanged with slashes all over his body. They were already dead before being hanged.” The four sat in silence for a few minutes before agreeing on how Nick died before being hanged. “Whoever hanged Nick must have killed him before hiding his body in the closet.”, said Zoey as Jeffrey continued reading the file. As the four was about to leave another announcement by Monokuma was made. He said the following, “Times up campers! Meet at the trial grounds where we will host the class trial!”, he giggled before ending the announcement. “Looks like it’s time guys.”, Jeffrey said as Karla, Zoey, and Zay nodded. The group got changed into their usual clothing and headed towards the clearing. The class trial is once again about to take place.