Dinner

Lauren was pacing back and fort in her room. She tried to assure herself that she'll be meeting a different Camila few hours from now.

It's not her. It's her but it's not the Camila you used to know. She's different now. She does not remember Lauren.

What if she's making all this up? To hurt you?
Yes what if Lauren? She will hurt you again. Will you let her hurt you again?

Lauren stopped and closed her eyes.
She reminded herself that overthinking will not help her. She's been thinking a lot since last night. Since Camila told her that she really wanted to see the green eyed girl.

It was nice talking to Camila, texting her. Lauren thought. There are times that she almost forgot that it's Camila she's talking to. Whenever Camila ask her if she have eaten already or simple how are you. It gives Lauren that warm feeling. An unexplainable feeling.

Lauren was interrupted in her thoughts when she heard Clara from downstairs.

"Honey! Help me prepare the table please!"

"I'm coming down Mom!"

Lauren sighed.

She can't hurt me here, not in our home. Lauren assured herself again.

Lauren went downstairs and help Clara prepare the table.

"I didn't know that we have this kind of plates mom.." Lauren asked eyeing the set of plates.

"Oh honey I'm saving this for special occasions." Clara replied nonchalantly.

"And my birthday last month is not special honey?" Mike interrupted in.

"We had paper plates on my birthday too.." Lauren added in a playful tone.

"Oh you guys! Please stop it. Lauren if you have a family of your own you'll understand why special plates are only for special occasions."

Lauren and Mike shared a good laugh before hugging Clara.

"Oh honey! We're just messing up with you." Mike admitted leaving her wife a kiss in the cheek.

"Right princess!?"

"Yes Dad.." Lauren replied as she hugged both of her parents.

"Hugs! Me toooooo!" Taylor chimed in when she saw everybody in the table.

"Come Tay!" Lauren pick up the little one and they shared one more hug when the door bell rang.

"I'll open the door, it must be the Cabellos" Mike offered.

Here we go. Lauren thought to herself.

_______________________________

It was an understatement if Camila says she's nervous.

It's Lauren and her Family for God's sake.

"Mami.. do I look okay? I thought this bruise on my left eye would go away by now, it's still purple.. and green.. and it's ewww."

"Honey you were in a car accident.. people won't mind that bruise.."

"Come on ring that door bell.." Sinu suggested.