Both Jace and Rose knew about the button, so Rose shook her head.

"You give up way too easy." She said, moving to stand against the wall.

~~~~
~~~~

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Jace said, once they walked into this warehouse.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary asked.

"Not exactly." Rose started.

"Warlock glamour." Jace finished.

Everything was quiet, and it was way too easy to get as close as they were without being detected.

"Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Izzy said.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace said.

"You... Don't get in the way." Alec told Clary.

Looking over they saw two guys. The one guy slashed at the other, with his blade, making him fall.

"Oh, god! Valentine found Magnus!

They split up.

Rose came around the corner, and a Circle member blocked her.

Rose twirled her blade, going to swing it, only to be knocked back, catching her off guard.

The guy came up, slamming her against the nearest wall, making her lose her blade.

She tried to move, but he had her pinned.

And to think things couldn't get worse, the guy wrapped his hands around her neck, before bringing her forward and slamming her back again.

She tried to fight him off, as it was getting harder and harder to breathe, and right when she was about to give up, a blade came through the guys chest.

Rose fell to her knees coughing, and gasping for air, not seeing who helped her, until they bent down beside her.

"You okay? " She heard Jace's voice ask.

After a minute, she nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm... I'm okay."

He helped her up, and handed her, her blade, before they went on their way.

~~~~
~~~~

After Magnus moved his lair, Rosalie was over by the window.

"Ah, much better." She heard Magnus say, before feeling a tap on her shoulder.

Looking over she saw Jace, standing there with a piece of cloth, or something.

"Jace. I said I was fine." She said.

"You're bleeding." He just said, pointing to her forehead, and handing the cloth to her.

She took it, with a small smile, before trying to wipe the blood off.

"Here. " Jace took the cloth, dabbing the spot that was bleeding.

Rosalie said a small thanks, before being interrupted by Magnus, as he turned to her.

"I believe in payment for services rendered. Thank you for defending the warlocks." He said, handing the necklace over to her.

"I couldn't." She said.

"Oh, but you could. And you should." He said going behind her to put the necklace around her neck.

"The lightwoods have been wearing this for years. And a beautiful girl like yourself, should take it. Besides, this would look silly on your brother. " Magnus said, saying the last part in a sort of whisper.