"So Madeline, are you still in school?" I asked her to change the subject. "Yes. I have a lot of friends and I recently learnt how to write and read. I like school a lot." She proudly said. "You sound like a smart girl. Would you like to go to a different school?" I looked at her.

"I don't know. I'll miss my friends." She kind of pouted. "But you will make new friends. Then you'll have even more friends than you have now. That sounds amazing, doesn't it?" I smiled, which she returned and then nodded. "It does. Do I have to go to another school?" She asked me.

"Yes honey. You probably do. We live somewhere else now and it's a bit far away from your old house and school." I explained to her. "But am I still going to see my friends?" She quickly asked away. "Of course." I giggled at her concern about her friends.

It's adorable how much she cares about her little friends and how scared she is of losing them. I mean, she's 7 and her friends were probably always with her. I get it.

"We're home." Demi smiled and we got out. I got all of her stuff, which wasn't that much. "We're not home." Madeline said in confusion.

"We are baby. This is our new home." Demi kissed her on the forehead and walked in.

"Dems, I'm going to check up on Cams, Alissa and Jay. I'll be back soon." I said and she nodded.

As I walked over to my front door I heard a lot of noise. Well, what did you expect, leaving the three of them alone in my house. Poor Cat.

"Hello!" I yelled but they didn't seem to hear me. "Anyone home?" I yelled again and then heard footsteps, coming my way.

"I was starting to wonder if you were still alive." Jay jokingly said. "Jay can we talk?" I laughed at him and he nodded.

"What's up?" He asked me as we walked over to the kitchen. "They found Madeline. She's home now." I said and Jay's mouth fell wide open. "Zip it, you're gonna catch flies." I rolled my eyes.

"How is this even possible?!" He asked me. "4 years. After 4 whole years. She's just back within a split second." He stated. "No shit Jay. That's indeed what happened. However, I'll be staying there for the night. I'm sorry I'm going out that much but Demi honestly needs a friend at this moment." I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's fine. I'll take care of the girls but you have to say hi to them right now because they won't stop asking about you." He groaned and rolled his eyes which made me laugh.

"Girls!" I yelled and walked upstairs. "Julie!" They both squealed. "I missed you." Cams said. "Me too." Alissa added and they gave me a big bear group hug. "I missed you too ladies. Listen, I'm going back to Demi's but I'll be back tomorrow. Demi needs a friend because there's been a lot going on in her life lately. We could go out for dinner tomorrow, how does that sound?" I asked them. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" They said in excitement.

"Okay, be good for granny Jay. Love you, see you tomorrow." I stuck out my tongue at Jay and gave both of them a big kiss.

"You want a kissy too?" I asked Jay. "Shut up, go to your girlfriend." He laughed and pushed me away.

"Bye! Love ya!" I yelled and then walked over to Demi's.

"I'm back!" I yelled and walked over to the kitchen. "Welcome back." Madeline widely smiled.

She's such a positive and happy little girl. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's doing okay and feeling well but it's somehow kind of mysterious how she's that happy after all she's been through.

I feel like she's been treated really well. She goes to school, she has a lot of friends, she plays soccer, she knows what a home is and she's a very open person.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked them. "We are going to bake something." Demi smiled and Madeline nodded. "What are you baking?" I asked them. "That's a surprise!" Madeline shushed Demi as she tried to tell me.

"I'm looking forward to it." I laughed.

I closed the curtains and sat down on the couch.

"Demi, did you see that?" I asked her as I kept watching the curtain. "What?" She asked me so I pointed into that certain direction. "What on earth." She mumbled.

We saw a shadow. A human shadow. It's starting to move towards the back door.

"Madeline, come with me and try to be as quiet as you can." Demi said. "Why?" She asked. "It's a new game. The person who can be quiet for the longest time, wins." She whispered, took her hand and was about to walk upstairs till she looked at me.

"Don't worry. I'll handle this. Go to the bathroom and don't let anyone in, except for me." I said and she nodded.

I walked over to the back door and saw the same shadow again.

This time there was a knock.

---------------------------------------------------------

21/05/19