chapter 29

Ashton's P.O.V.

'' Michael . In . Now .'' I said as soon as he started hitting her with the wooden stool . We quickly rushed to the door and pushed it until it finally broke down . His head snapped to our direction . Chris's watery eyes met mine and I felt anger building up inside of me .

'' Go get her .'' Michael whispered as her dad approached us . I nodded and quickly rushed to her side . I kneeled beside her to take a close look . I heard smashing , but I couldnt concetrate on anything else but her .Her eyes were slowly closing and I knew I couldnt let that happen .

''Chris , please stay with me , okay ? We are getting out of here .'' I said .

'' Ashton . I -'' she was about to say something , but I cut her off .

'' Shhssh , come with me .'' I helped her stand up . We turned around to see Michael on the floor and her dad coming towards us .'' Look we want no trouble . We are just going to take her for a while .'' I said calmly .

'' She is going nowhere .'' he yelled and Chris sobs became louder .

'' Guys leave . It is okay .'' she whispered .

'' We are not leaving without her . So just step off .'' I said , but he grabbed Chris's arm pulling her closer to him . I yanked his arm away from her and my fist made contact with his face. Michael managed to stand up and came to us .'' Take Chris to her room to pick up her stuff .'' I said and they went upstairs . I looked at him , my face full of disgust .'' So do you like it now ?'' I asked pushing him .''Huh ? Do you ?'' I kicked him in the gut and he fell on the floor .'' Did you enjoy hurting her ?'' I asked him kicking him in the stomach.'' Answer me .'' I yelled , giving him a second kick . '' You dirty bastard .'' I yelled at him getting on top of him and punching him on the face repeatedly . '' Dont you  dare to touch her again . Hear me ?'' I said as I gave him another punch .I felt someone grabbing me and pulling me off him .

'' Ashton , that's enough . Let's go . She is in the car .'' Michael said and loosened his grip on me . I spitted on that monster before we left . Michael sat on the front and I went on the back . She was curled up on the corner of the back seat , her head on her hands , sobbing . I didnt really know what to do . Michael turned back and gave me an approving nod . I wrapped my arms around her and she nuzzled her face on my neck . Her tears were freely falling on my shirt , as I slowly rubbed circles on her back .'' It's all going to be alright.'' I whispered in her ear . After a few minutes , I sensed that she had stopped crying and that she had fallen asleep on my arms . I placed her head on my lap . "She fell asleep ." I informed Michael .

" We are almost home ." he said looking at the road . A few moments later he parked the car outside of his house . I got out of the car and lifted her in my arms . We quickly got inside and Michael led us in a room . I placed her on the bed and covered her with a blanket . I sat on the bed just staring at her. " Let her sleep ." Michael's voise echoed in the room . I quickly pecked her lips before leaving . Michael gave me a childish grin and I just pushed him forward , so he could get out of the way .

Chris's P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open and I noticed that I was in a plain , small , but warm room . The events that occured just hours ago are still vivid in my mind . Ashton helping me stand up , Michael leading me out of the house from the back door , me crying on Ashton's embrace in the car. Everything . My head hurts like crazy and my eyes too , probably from crying . I lifted my shirt and tool a look at my ribcage . It was all bruised and so was my stomach . The wooden stool did its work . Where am I going to go now ? I cant go back . He will kill me . The door opened and Ashton came in . He remained silent until he reached the end of the bed . '' How do you feel ?'' he asked sitting on it .

'' I am fine . Just my head hurts .'' I said rubbing circles on my temples . '' Thank you .'' was all I could manage to say . They saved me . If they hadnt come who knows , what he would have done .

'' You dont have to thank us .Come on . Let's go to Michael .'' he said and I got out of the bed . We went downstairs to find Michael watching some lame reality show . 

'' Hello .'' he said giving me a warm smile . I smiled back at him .I sat on the couch and Ashton sat beside Michael . '' Look Ashton here told me what was happening and we couldnt let it pass like that . Why didnt you tell me anything ?'' Michael asked me .

'' I dont know . I didnt want people to feel sorry for me . '' I said looking at my hands .

'' Anyways , that doesnt matter anymore , because you will be staying here .'' he said .

'' Michael , thanks for the offer but I cant .'' I said . I cant stay at his house . I dont want to be a dead weight .

'' You really dont have a choice .'' he said smirking at me . 

'' You will be safe here Chris .'' Ashton spoke . The door opened and Michael's mum came in. She was holding two grocery bags . As soon as she saw me , a smile spread on her face ,

'' Oh my god . Are you Chris ?'' she asked and I nodded .'' Well then , welcome home .What do you want for dinner ?'' she said and I couldnt help but smile .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am listening to Green Day , while writing this . I always listen to Green Day , when I write this story . Sooo , did you enjoy reading this chapter ?? Just be honest , I can handle it. Ashton beat her father , something that a lot of you have been waiting for for a while !! I cant say that I didnt enjoy writing that scene ;) AGAIN , thank you for all the votes and comments . The first thing that I do when I wake up is read your comments , bacause they just brighten my day up !

Do you have any good movies to recommend ?

Love ya , bye

xoxoC.