[FANTASY!AU Tamaki Amajiki X Reader]- Exploration

This was a request, however the person who requested has actually left Wattpad, so I can't tag them :0 Also, there's an important note at the bottom of this so don't forget to check that out :)

Somewhere within the forests were rumours of a lost civilization. For the most part, most people brushed them off- after all, that's all they were, right? Rumours.

Those people didn't come in the form of Y/N. In fact, they were so entranced by the idea of this lost civilization, they dedicated themselves into studying and finding it, even if it meant risking it all to venture into the forest.

Saddled with a heavy backpack, Y/N had only just entered the forest yet was already horribly lost. The towering pine trees of awesome size seemed to slope upwards, creating a dome far above their head with no visible end. It was if the trees shifted and moved, Y/N didn't have a clue how to leave.

While they were admittedly lost, they didn't let that dampen their mood. This was an adventure, and every adventure had its end. Y/N was sure this adventures end would be returning safely to their hometown after finding the civilization.

There was no maps for this impossible forest, so Y/N let themselves be led by their guts and small, floating wisps of lights that danced through the air. It was wet and brisk feeling, but bundled under so many layers, Y/N didn't feel a thing as they pressed steadily onwards over the uneven ground, picking their way through flora.

Somewhere up ahead, Y/N heard a crackling noise, and a series of huffing noises. For a brief moment, they felt a twinge of fear, dropping slightly and standing completely still. As quietly as they could, they crept onwards, watching each shadow cast by each tree.

More snuffling noises, growing louder. Y/N stopped behind a tree, peering out from behind it.

In the middle of two trees, sniffing around the roots, was the most beautiful creature Y/N had laid eyes on. It was lithe and thin, with long legs and a doey face. However, it's feathers were bright with pinks and teals and blues.

Y/N took another step forward, slowly taking a knee and rummaging through their backpack, searching for something to feed it. When they checked the creature again, it stared at them with large, brown eyes, leaning away from Y/N.

"Hello," Y/N murmured in a quiet voice, pulling a ruby red apple from their pack and holding it flat in her hand. "Would you like some?"

Carefully, Y/N held their hand out to the creature, who's large, wet nose took to roving curiously over the apple.

"I wouldn't feed it if I were you."

Y/N jumped at the sound of another voice, the creature scurried back, just as another seemed to emerge from nowhere. The second creature was similar to the other, with long legs and a dazzling array of coloured feathers. This one sprouted long horns that it held pointed at Y/N while the young one scampered under its chest, seeking refuge.

Y/N didn't risk turning to see who had spoken, afraid any sudden moves would set the creature off.

They didn't hear the footsteps approach, but caught sight of billowing white fabric in their peripherals.

"Don't worry, they're with me," Came the same gentle voice from before. The creature regarded them with steely eyes before guiding the young one away and vanishing into the gloom. Finally, Y/N risked looking.

If they had thought the young deer creature was the most beautiful thing in the forest, they were quickly proven wrong. The boy that stood besides them was tall, with a mop of silky dark hair, pointed ears and bright white robes that almost seemed to glow.

"You should leave. This isn't where you... where you belong," He murmured, not meeting Y/N's enchanted stare, instead watching the spot where the two creatures had vanished.

"But I can't leave yet!" Y/N was snapped out of it, quickly getting to their feet. "I only just got here."

"Which is why you should leave now," He murmured, fidgeting with his fingers, a tremor running through him.

"Well, I doubt I can find my way through this place anyway, besides," Y/N continued, looking around the forest, "There's still so much to discover."

The boy sighed, still refusing to look directly at Y/N.

"It's dangerous here," He answered curtly. "Come on, I- I can show you the way back."

"Who says I can trust you," Y/N asked skeptically, "I don't even know your name."

"If I tell you, will you leave?"

"Deal."

"Tamaki. Now come on, w-we should go now."

Y/N guessed they weren't going to get much more out of Tamaki, but still talked to him as they walked, as unresponsive as he seemed. Finally, Tamaki helped them clear a fallen, moss covered log, before setting them down just outside the boundaries of the forest.

"Wait a minute, I want to come back again sometime. I want to know if the rumours are true," Y/N stated as Tamaki turned to leave.

"You shouldn't come back, you... it's dangerous without a guide," Tamaki mumbled.

"Then you can be my guide!" Y/N proclaimed, "Besides, maybe I want to see you again."

Tamaki flushed right to the tips of his ears, shaking slightly.

"Why would you want to see me again?" He muttered. Y/N grinned at his flustered behavious, putting their hands on their hips.

"'Cause, you're cute and you seem like an interesting person."

Tamaki's flush darkened. Y/N laughed slightly, holding out a hand for him to shake.

"I'll see you here tomorrow this time. Deal?"

Tamaki stared uncertainly at their hand, taking it in a loose hold and shaking it gently.

"Deal."

So Y/N left, happy with the news they had discovered, and over the moon at the idea of returning.

---

So, about that note. If you're reading this and you've requested something on this book that I haven't completed, could you comment it here? There's a lot of reqs spread around here and I don't know where things are, who's requested what, etc. So if you could comment your request here, or if you notice someone's request earlier in the book has went without being written, could you remind me of it here? Thank you!