[Bakugou Katsuki X Reader]- Gone, I'm Gone

Req by hita_gi basically the reader who's dating Bakugo leaves Japan and comes back years later only to find Uraraka and him are having their one-year anniversary.

Warning: Angst!

"Now you promise you're still gonna be here when I come back?"

"Of course I am, Idiot."

Silence.

"I love you, Katsuki."

"I love you too, Y/N."

"Bye."

"Bye."

.

.

.

You left almost seven years ago.

A scholarship was not something to be missed, even if it meant leaving your friends and family back in Japan.

Even when it meant leaving your boyfriend behind.

You and Katsuki had been the perfect match, and you tried to make to long distance relationship work, but you burned out. Part of you hadn't moved on, however. Part of you still loved him.

Maybe he was the reason you were really flying back to Japan. An invitation for a '1-A reunion party' had arrived on your doorstep from your old friend, Mina Ashido. You had been over the moon at the idea of being able to see everyone again, even more so at the hope of being able to see Katsuki again.

And so, when it came to it, you fretted over what to wear and how to talk to everyone again. And that nervousness only blossomed on the bus ride over to U.A. where it was being held in the gymnasium.

You opened the door, finding your old friend's all clumped together around two people. A watery smile crossed your face.

"Hey everyone," You began, throat tightening, "I'm back."

"Y/N!!!" Mina was the first to come bowling her way out. She had hardly changed a bit in seven years- all pink-hair and skin and little yellow horns. She practically knocked you over with the force of her hug. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

Others began to gather around- some offering hugs, others just offering greetings and welcoming wishes.

Just as Kirishima released her from a bone-crushing hug, you caught sight of him, just out the corner of your eye, hanging back slightly from the crowd.

He had changed. Ash blond hair cropped and shaved at the sides. Yet his scowl was the same. The same, dark-look he stared at everyone else with. Indifferent.

You smiled at him slightly before Kaminari practically lifted you off your feet in a hug.

A little while later, you took a breather outside the gym. The sun had nearly set, pinks and pale blues rippling above you.

"Y/N."

You nearly jumped at his voice. You turned, finding Katsuki with his hands in his pockets, shutting the gym door behind him.

"Katsuki," You greeted, a feeling of dread sweeping over you. "How... How have you been?"

"Fine. You?" He came to stand besides you, staring up at the sky besides you.

"Yeah. Yeah- good." Silence settled between you before you cleared your throat. "How long, er, how long have you and Uraraka been together?" You stammered, fumbling for words.

"End of Yuuei. Got married last year."

"Oh," You remarked, trying to sound happy. You hadn't even been told. "Well, that's... that's nice to hear."

"What about you?" He asked curtly, "You got anyone?"

Panic filled you.

You didn't want his pity. If you told him you hadn't dated anyone since you two stopped talking, it would be all you received.

"Oh yeah, yeah, totally," You lied. "They're back home in America."

"Are you married or...?" He trailed off. You swallowed thickly.

"No. No, I'm not. Just dating."

"Well, I hope they work out for you," Bakugo murmured, tilting his head to look at you. You nodded, looking away.

"I wish you and Uraraka the best- truly. I hope you're happy."

He nodded once and said nothing more, turning around and slinking back into the gym.

Dread and sadness filled you. But it was closure. Better than nothing.

You clamped a hand over your mouth,  falling into a crouch as tears threatened to spill over.

Gone. He was gone.

Ow. I'm sorry y'all.