[Izuku Midoriya X Reader]- Words

Ah, first request! This one-shot was requested by dekus_trash they didn't specify anything in particular so I hope you don't mind ^^ ahh, I hope this isn't too OOC, Deku's kinda hard to write for me oops-

Compared to the excitement Hero Class always seemed to hold, Mathmatics was on the contrary. Ectoplasm was a good teacher no doubt, it's just... numbers were so boring compared to the thrill of adrenaline caused by hero class.

Your skin was littered in inked doodles of winding flowers and vines and other things amongst your imagination. The black pen you used had obviously seen better days as you wasted ink over your skin.

A blossoming message crossed your skin.

'You really shouldn't draw on your skin. It's bad for you.'

You and your 'soulmate' quite often had conversations like this. After all, in a world where people are linked together with soulmates, they'd have to communicate somehow, right?

'You can talk.' You scrawled back, returning to sketching away on your skin.

'My Mum keeps worrying that I'm going to get second-hand ink poisoning.'

'Well, at least we'll go together.'

'That's so morbid!' You had to stifle a laugh, small giggles still managed to break out of your mouth while you grinned, covering your mouth with your hand.

"Y/N, sir's staring at you," Came the whisper of your close friend, Ibara. You looked up, Ectoplasm was indeed staring at you with a look of exasperation on his face.

"Y/N, why are you laughing? Quadratic equations really aren't that humorous," He asked, rubbing his temples, smearing white chalk across his forehead.

"Sorry, sir." He shook his head slightly before returning to the board.

'It sucks we can't know each others names.' You wrote on your palm.

'Well, I guess there'd be no adventure then.'

'Yeah, but not even being able to tell each other our schools? Countries? Like c'mon.'

'Well... I guess you just have to wish for it.'

'What is this? A Disney movie? "You just have to wish for it".' You scrawled, hoping it looked sarcastic.

'I'm trying to comfort you!'

'Well... It's working I guess. I'll write to you later, my teacher's eyeballing me.'

'Pay attention in class!'

'I can multitask!'

"Uraraka!"

Uraraka was a short girl with rosy cheeks and a brown bob- the two of you had went to elementary school together, and by any means, you two were quite close. The two of you caught the train home each day. She turned from her conversation with a green-haired boy to smile at you and wave.

"Hey, Y/N," She greeted cheerfully.

"Hey," You returned, slowing your pace down as you arrived. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh! This is Deku!" You pursed your lips to stifle a laugh, the boy flushed.

"Interesting name," You remarked, "I'm Y/N L/N, it's nice to meet you Deku." You struck out your hand, the boy took it shyly, nodding.

"It's um... nice to meet you too, L/N."

"Is Deku really your name?"

"It's Izuku but uh... my friends call me Deku."

"Doesn't Deku mean-"

"Yeah."

"Hey, this handshakes going for quite a while." Izuku looked at your hands, still stuck together, flushing in the face.

He tugged his hand back, but something caught your eye. You held onto his hand and dragged it back into your view.

Black ink sketches of blooming flowers and curling vines, messy writing jotted between the art. You tugged up your sleeve, staring at the similarities.

Izuku looked like he was about to pass out, you turned to Uraraka.

"Hey Uraraka..." The brunette tilted her head in confusion.

"What is it Y/N?" You waved your arm and Deku's in the air.

"Thanks."