as love does [1] ; lee felix

Start from the beginning

Earlier today, he got a call during lunch from the cafe where he was working part-time. The owner called, saying that he was fired since they wanted a regular, and now that they have found a new person for the job, there was no more room for him.

"Just great," he groaned. "Just fucking great."

"What's wrong?" a voice from the distance said, and Felix did not need to see who it was. The speaker walked up to him and sat on the dirty campus floor beside him, his shoulder nudging with the newcomer.

"I got fired," Felix says and looks up at Chan, "I got fucking fired. Out of all days they chose to let go of my ass?"

"Felix—"

"My coffee making skills may be average, but hey, at least I'm not some sloppy worker that slacks off and does shitty things with the simplest tasks."

"Hey, hey," Chan tried to soothe his friend for the nth time that day, "calm down. You'll get through this."

"How?" he almost cried. "When and where am I going to find a new job? How am I gonna pay all my college fees?"

Chan pursed his lips in a thin line, not knowing what to say. And when the two of them thought that all hope was gone, a bright idea popped into the older one's head, like a lit bulb that appears in cartoons  sometimes with the saying 'Eureka!'.

"I have a younger sibling named (Y/N). How about you become my sister's personal assistant?" Chan grinned.

"What?" Felix was bewildered at the idea, but at the same time, amused. "I'm gonna be a butler?"

"Well, if you put it that way, then yeah," he chuckled. "Say, I'll give you the remaining amount of your tuition fee, and if you need more for your miscellaneous fees and allowance, just tell me."

"Wait, really?" Felix was already giddy, and all the negative emotion he was feeling earlier disappeared. "When do I start?"

"Easy there," Chan laughed. "You'll start whenever you want, but I suggest you come to the house after the exams so you could focus on your studies more. And yes, really. If you want, I'll pay you extra. Fifteen dollars per hour. What do you say?"

"OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE MY SAVING GRACE," Felix threw his arms around his friend and smiled really widely, bouncing up and down the floor. "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU."

Chan laughed and hugged his friend back, patting his shoulders. Then, they pulled away from each other, with Chan softly ruffling his friend's hair.

But what Felix did not know, that his job was a walk through hell.

◾◾◾◾◾

"(Y/N)!" Chan called throughout the otherwise empty mansion. "I'm home!"

Just then, footsteps emerged from upstairs, and they got louder each second as they descended from the stairs. The person ran up to them and hugged Chan with all her might, her hair tie falling loose to the ground.

When she removed her arms around Chan, her eyes drifted to the male beside him, and she frowned.

"Chan," she says, "who is he?"