breakout ; hwang hyunjin

Warning: mentions of smoking and all that crap.

Brighter side: we ranked #69 in imagine! thank you so much and I hope you guys enjoy this Hyunjin imagine (woah that rhymed, I should be a rapper)

third person

genre: angst, the littlest bit of fluff

◾◾◾◾◾

This isn't right.

Fishing out a packet of opened cigarettes, and a gleaming lighter in his bag, (Y/N) looked at the items weirdly, before checking around her surroundings only to spot her boyfriend fiddling with the pans and ladles he was using to cook their dinner for tonight.

Sure, snooping inside one's bag is already incorrect, but seeing those objects that she hated the most stirs something inside her. Especially when her boyfriend kept it a secret from her.

What are these doing in his bag?

Curiosity took the best of (Y/N), all thoughts and worries of being found slowly erasing in her mind. Her fingers slowly opened the zipper of Hyunjin's bag, seeing nothing but a couple of notebooks, scratch papers and colorful pens inside.

What confused her more is that why would he keep cigarettes in his bag? Isn't it prohibited in their school? Also, he isn't even allowed to do that, because JYP is very strict when it comes to those matters. Heck, he isn't even legal; he's only 19 years old for goodness' sake.

So why does he own these?

Many thoughts, questions, doubts, and worse case possible scenarios crossed her mind. Hearing some shuffling from the kitchen, she quickly shoved the box and the lighter in one of the pockets, practically sprinting to the couch and praying that he wouldn't suspect a single thing.

When her butt was planted on the softness of the black leather couch, Hyunjin walked in the room, holding a stainless pot filled with tteokbokki.

"Let's eat!"

He made a beeline towards the coffee table, and when she thought he was going to place it down the table, she was wrong. Hyunjin had gently set down the pot on the floor, running back to the kitchen to bring back two plates and utensils.

"Mm...looks delicious!" (Y/N) says, closing her eyes and sniffing the warm goodness of his cooking as they both sat down on the wooden floor of their small studio apartment.

Hyunjin laughed, "You don't determine a food's taste by just smelling it, idiot."

She pouted, "You're so savage today, Hyunjin."

"Blame Minho."

The duo laughed and they wolfed down the food, silence enveloping the two of them as they ate peacefully, occasionally sharing glances and sly winks.

That was, until he started coughing like crazy, almost choking out the food in his mouth.

(Y/N) stood up from the floor and went to Hyunjin's side, patting his back and calming him down. The action went on for a few more seconds before he finally stopped, clutching his throat that was feeling sore and itchy. He took the glass of water from her hands and gulped down the liquid, the cold water helping his throat go back to its tiptop shape.

"Are you alright? Do you need more water?" his girlfriend asked worriedly.

"No thanks, I think I'm fine."