18. ink

Matty's arms were wrapped around me. 

My head was pushed up against his bare chest. 

He was asleep, I had been awake for an hour, just staring at his skin and tattoos and face and hands because I wanted to remember every little thing about him. 

He slowly opened his eyes and I smiled at him, sadly. 

"When are you leaving?" I asked him. He groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. 

"The first of November." he said. I counted the days that we had left in eachother's company. 

"Okay," I said. "Okay, so we have...four days..." I was disappointed, originally expecting it to be longer than that. 

"I can try to get a later ticket if you want." he suggested but I shook my head. 

"No, it's fine." I took his hand. 

He furrowed his eyebrows together and pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible. The bed was so small that there we were rarely even an inch apart. 

He buried his head in the back of my neck, right near my shoulder. 

"You smell nice." he whispered into my ear. I reached behind me to grab his arm and wrap it around my waist, I intertwined our fingers and smiled. 

"I probably smell like you." I giggled. He shrugged and we both laughed a little bit. 

He traced patterns on the skin of my back with his other hand and I smiled. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Shh." he muttered into my hair, I smiled. 

I pulled away from him, leaving him staring at me, confused a I sat on the edge of the bed. 

I opened the drawer in my bedside table and took out a black Sharpie. I took the lid off and sat on the bed, facing him with my legs crossed. 

"Sit up." I said. He raised an eyebrow at me, but complied. 

He sat the same way as me and I moved closer to him. 

"What are you doing?" he asked as the tip of the pen touched his shoulder. 

"Shh." I replied, I looked up at him momentarily and smirked. 

I drew patterns on his shoulder and stopped at his collar bone. 

A sun decorated his shoulder, with a ying-yang inside and a load of awful looking swirly designs around it. I finished it with my signature and grinned at him. I put the lid back on the pen and went to put it back in the drawer but Matty took it from me. 

"Take your shirt off." he said. I frowned at him. 

"But-" 

"You don't have to, I could do it somewhere else but y'know." he said. I sighed before grabbing the bottom of my shirt and pulling it over my head. He had seen my boobs before, so I wasn't really fussed, and surprisingly, I didn't think he was either. 

He stared for a second but then took the lid off the pen and began drawing something that covered my shoulder. 

I tried to look at it multiple times but Matty kept turning my head away, kissing my chin and telling me I wasn't allowed to look yet. 

Once he was done, instead of looking at our Sharpie tattoos, we just sat there, knees touching, looking at  each other. 

I pulled him down towards me and kissed him gently, he smiled as we kissed, and I did too, but not as much. 

"You're my favourite thing in the world." he whispered.

"I doubt that's true." I whispered back to him. 

The day passed too quickly, we didn't even do anything. 

We spent pretty much the entire day watching TV in the living room with Sylvia and Tom while Charlie and Bryony were at university, then when they came back we did exactly the same thing, but with them as well. 

Matty and I were almost glued to each other for the entire day, no matter who was with us, he always grabbed my hand or hugged me or kissed me and it became apparent very quickly that we were together, and he was leaving soon, but nobody mentioned it. 

I wanted him to stay more than anything in the world, more than I wanted my step mother to leave, more than I wanted to get rid of all of my scars. I wanted to be with him forever, but even if he was staying, I knew that wouldn't happen.

He would get bored of me. 

I held his hand tightly as he slept. It was four o'clock in the morning and I hadn't shut my eyes once. 

I swallowed to refresh my dry throat. 

Nothing felt as bad as this. 

----

a/n

sorry for the short chapter! :( 

also, i've started a new matty fanfiction called 'Wasted Youth' and i'd appreciate it f you checked it out, thank youuuu. <3

i'd love to know your feelings.