10. tears

a/n 

helllllooooooooooooooooooooooooo! i'm glad that people seemed to like the last chapter! it was really fun to write. i just love angst! 

anyway, here's another chapter, from lizzy's pov, this time. 

enjoy! or not, i don't control you. x 

---------------------------

I stared at my now strawberry blonde hair in the bathroom mirror, then I turned to Sylvia and smiled. 

"Thank you." I said. I tried to sound happy and grateful, but it was difficult, faced with such a large change. 

"No problem. You look great!" she squealed, hugging me. I hugged her back and she laughed, swaying around. 

"No wine tonight, though." I warned her. She laughed again. 

"I'm not making any promises. Lets dry your hair." 

We dried my hair, then made our way downstairs into the living room where everyone was. 

Bryony and Tom were on the sofa, Matty and Charlie on the floor, there was only one space left on the sofa which Sylvia took the minute we got into the room. 

"Oooh, look at you!" Bryony said as I sat beside Matty, right in front of her legs. She began playing with my hair. I flinched slightly, but managed to calm myself down by remembering that she probably wouldn't pull it. 

"I know!" I laughed slightly, but I was cut off by Tom, who abruptly silenced everyone by turning the tv up. 

The news reader looked solemn, plain. He was wearing a grey suit with a blue pinstripe shirt and a navy tie. 

"The search for missing sixteen year old, Elizabeth Frost continues. She went missing from her home in Blackpool on Wednesday night. Her family and friends say it was extremely unlike her. Police have been alerted that she is in London. Yesterday police found a CCTV clip of what might have been her-"  

"Oh my god." I muttered, short of breath. 

"Police are urging her to contact them as soon as possible. Her parents told the police that she is a very vulnerable person, so they are urging anyone who may see her to approach with caution. If you should see Elizabeth, please contact the police immediately." 

Matty looked at me and took the tv remote from Tom once he realised how scared I looked. 

He switched the channel immediately and we were all left staring at another news reporter who was younger, female and less serious. 

"Her step mother told the police that she had severe depression, anxiety and potential-" 

Matty switched it again, but it still happened, then, eventually, he managed to make his way to Dancing On Ice. 

He turned to me. 

"What are you gonna do?" he asked. 

"Wait until it all dies down." I replied, falling back against the sofa, forgetting that Bryony's feet were there. But she didn't seem to mind. She patted my head gently. 

"What if it doesn't?" she asked. 

"Everything dies down. Especially things to do with missing people, eventually people just don't miss them anymore." 

There was silence in the room aside from the slightly extravagant music from the tv show.

I dipped my head down slightly. Breathing quietly.