15. burns

I'd never payed enough attention to anything really. 

There were tons of things that went unnoticed to me, because, I suppose I only ever payed attention to myself, because there was never really anyone else to do it. 

I thought I did, but I'd never found myself noticing things like the smaller freckles on Matty's nose, or the lighter and darker specks in his hazel eyes, or this small, circular burn-scar that he had on his right hand, that was evidently caused by a cigarette. 

He looked so pleased, and it was difficult to push away the contagious joy that seemed to escape every time he opened his mouth to say something. 

I wasn't sure if or when he was going to kiss me, but as he spoke to me about the first record he had ever bought, or at least, I think that was the subject we were still on, I just wanted him to duck down slightly and press his mouth against mine, I didn't really care about how romantic it was. 

"What about you?" he asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"Oh..." I said, unbearably embarrassed. I stared down at the concrete, running my forefinger across his knuckles with the hand that was clasped against his. "Well, I, I never really got any records. I have- I had CDs, but I didn't have a record player."

Matty chuckled.

"Really? I expected you to be a record girl." he raised an eyebrow. I shook my head.

"Nope, sorry." I looked at my feet again. My boots were starting to rub my feet, but I ignored the pain, it wasn't the worst I had experienced.

"Okay, first CD." he said, I winced.

"Don't laugh." I exhaled.

"I won't."  he said, already chuckling. 

"That didn't last very long," I laughed. "Um, it was Spice World by-"

"Oh god." he said, between rumbles of laughter.

"Shut up!" I shouldered him in his arm. I accidentally pushed him into a man who frowned at us and walked away before I could apologise.

I turned to Matty and we both started laughing.

"I feel bad." I said as we began walking again.

"Don't." he said. 

I chewed on my bottom lip, watching his face move slightly as he looked around, his eyes widening and shrinking slightly, his lips turning up into a smile and then dropping down again. 

I leaned against his arm as we slowly walked towards the house we lived in on the road that we lived on. 

I loved that, saying that I lived somewhere, out of choice, without my dad or step mum, alone. 

"Every time I think about kissing you, everything just gets more and more cheesy, I would have been better where we were first." he commented as we walked up the steps to the doorstep. 

"But you live here, so it's not as if you're going to kiss me goodbye or whatever, because we're not separating." I explained quietly, staring down at the scuffed toes of my boots. 

"Okay." he said. 

"Right." I laughed, looking up at him. 

He stood opposite me and grinned. 

He bent down a few inches so that we were roughly the same height. 

"You know that once I do this, I'm going to have to do it a thousand times every single day." he whispered, the very thought of it, unfortunately happened to make my insides feel like they were melting and being re-figured in the wrong places. 

"I'm okay with that, I think." I grinned at him. 

He gently pushed his face forwards so that our lips were touching. 

I laughed giddily as his hands found their way to the small of my back. 

I reached up and placed mine around his neck, my fingertips brushing against his leather jacket. 

Again, just like the time when we were drunk, our teeth accidentally bashed together quite a few times. 

Matty's tongue was in my mouth in no time, and I desperately wanted to get mine into his, but trying to push his aside proved more difficult than expected. 

He muttered my name before pulling back. 

"Lizzy." he said as my eyes opened.

"Matty." 

"Fuck." he said, laughing.

I laughed, holding onto his hands and squeezing them tightly with my bony fingers.

"Fuck." I replied. I grinned at him. 

"That was so fucking cheesy!" he laughed, I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning any more because I was sure that I looked like an idiot.

"I know!" I said. 

I moved towards Matty and pressed my lips against his and this time I managed to push his tongue aside to get mine into his mouth and we pulled back laughing breathlessly. 

"It's not a competition." he raised his eyebrows at me and I laughed. 

I felt so unbelievably overjoyed. 

--

a/n 

there's an incredibly fluffy chapter for you all! i hope i did alright because chances are, i won't be updating for over a week! yes... a week. 

sorry!!!!!!

i'm going away and i don't have a laptop and my phone is awful so i couldn't update on that and yeah.

i'm not dead, just going insane. :-(

love you <3