17

mina couldn't sleep, her body was tired but it wouldn't switch off. early hours in the morning, they had arrived home a few hours ago and instantly went home to bed — not really bed because she couldn't sleep.

thankfully the parents didn't know about the scenario that had taken place at the party, hyeri was in bed and hadn't mentioned it, neither had san or mina. they had suggested mina hurt her hands on some broken glass on the table, nothing to be her fault.

"fuck it." mina pulled herself out of bed and walked out of the room, she peeped round the corner checking that no one was up. exhaling a breathe she walked to san's room, she slowly opened the door and saw him laid under the sheets resting against his pillow, his body moving softly.

she bit her lip and shut the door behind her as she walked towards him, she was hesitant but opened the corner of the cover and slipped her body next to his. it was warm as her skin touched his, she looked up at the ceiling as she laid beside him hoping his company and contact may help her sleep.

"are you okay, mina?"

"i didn't mean to wake you, i couldn't sleep."

"do you want me to get you anything?"

"no it's alright." she answered. to her surprise san turned over in bed and moved out his arms holding her body against his, he was soft at the touch and you could feel the radiating of love instantly from him. he moved and pulled her closer to him, "—san—"

"hmm." he whispered as she rested her head on his chest, him slightly nervously, timid. "what's up? the fact that you're in my bed right now, i mean i always knew—"

"stop." she whined.

"stop what, admitting you do like me." he started giggling, high pitched, and sweet.

"i don't like you like that."

"i didn't mean it like that." her eyes drifted as she tilted her head back looking at his face, raising her brow she bit down on her lip.

"— just because you like me."

"— of course i do, aren't we a couple? like the hospital guys thought, we aren't exclusive yet."

"funny san, very funny." she answered as she placed her head back down on his chest, feeling his heart beating quickly against her face.

SAN

her arrival had stunned me, i wasn't expecting her to come into my room and rest with me. she seemed changed, well not changed, more open to herself.

i looked down at her as she rested against me, it had gone silent, i chose not to speak to allow her to try to get some sleep. i pressed my body closer against hers, my arms were holding her against me — she didn't seem to mind, she seemed peaceful.

"goodnight mina." i whispered as i rested my head on hers.

-

when i woke up, mina was still holding me. she was sleeping so delicately i feared i was going to wake up. it was true, what wooyoung had been telling me. he said i spent too much time trying to fix and save mina, i gave her too many chances, it was true.

i didn't know why, i just wanted to help her, she had won over my heart fully. i didn't know how to explain the feeling that was roaming my body yet, whenever she did something or was away i just wanted to be with her and help her with everything.

i didn't know what it meant, this feeling. but i did know i was intent on keeping it.

i shuffled slightly in the bed and felt as mina let me go and turned on her back so she was facing away from me and not holding me. i bit my lip and moved my hands and body so i was behind her not touching her yet holding her, my head rested against the crevice of her neck, softly touching her skin.

i could feel her body moving up and down in small motions. resting my eyes i felt as her back shuffled closer so we were fully touching without a gap.

"san," her voice was calm against my ears, "— sorry for last night."

"stop apologising, you didn't do anything." i moved and sat up, despite my comfortable position, looking down at her, she was laid out with her face staring up at mine.

she was pretty.

"san." she said, repeating my name, it made me feel strange inside. "thanks for letting me sleep in here." she pitched a broad smile on her lips, "— your the nicest person i have ever met."

"— i would say the same, but i am nicer than you." she laughed, it wasn't forced, it was genuine.

"i agree, oddly." she blinked, staring at me. it was the longest eye contact we had had the whole time she had been here, maybe i was finally breaking through to her. i slowly moved my thumb along her skin, it was from her cheek along her jawline, my eyes widened as i saw her face flush red. "thankyou san, i appreciate it."

i laid my hand under her chin watching her, examining her movements, she flashed me a small smile.

"i am always here for you," i answered, truthfully. fighting it, i leant down and gave a small kiss to her forehead. my lips left her skin and looked down at her face, her eyes were flickering lights as she stared at me — disbelief, alongside blush.

"san, mina, hyeri ! breakfast is ready!" i jolted looking at the door, mina got to her feet quick — jumping out of the bed, she looked at me and flashed an awkward smile before walking out of the room.

i narrowed my eyebrows and took a moment, running my fingers through my hair delicately before i stood to my feet.

i don't know what was going on in my mind, it was whirlpool and conflicted. i liked mina, i wanted to help her, not wanting to date her — i needed to stop messing with my mind and heart.