13

charity shops, thrift shopping, mina found it the best place she could get some outfits from —at a cheap price

charity shops, thrift shopping, mina found it the best place she could get some outfits from —at a cheap price. pushing the door open she walked inside, the scent stung her nose but you could get used to it after a while she had concluded.

"so who do you want to go as?" mina asked as soo-jin was walking, the girl had gotten a job and she had earned some money, she had used it to help her family but her mum said that money was hers —meaning she was able to get a small costume.

"i don't know."

"yeah me either," seohyun said as they further made their way through the charity shop.

mina: r u going to mingi's party?

san: i got invited. me and woo may go for a few hours but we will go back to mine afterwards, you going to go?

mina: soo-jin and seohyun got invited through me so i wanna go with them.

san: okay, that's cool but i wouldn't suggest staying the whole time.

mina: yup i would probably leave with you and wooyoung.

"mina! get off your phone." she looked up at soo-jin who was holding a white sheet, "is a ghost too boring?"

"why don't you try it on so we can see how scared we are?" seohyun said, mina smirked watching as the girl moved to go and get changed into it.

mina: did you want to go matching?

san: wait, really?

mina: ever watched addams family?

"hey seohyun do you think they have plastic roses in here?" mina said, looking up from her phone.

"who are you going to go as?" mina winked at her as she started looking for some fake roses to add to her idea. "come on mina tell me!"

"no it's going to be a surprise." she chuckled as she found some plastic flowers, they weren't red roses but black, they would suit the idea. "hey you should go as the corpse bride, love that movie." mina said as she looked over at seohyun the girl raised her brows.

"who's that?"

"you don't know who emily is!?" they both turned seeing as the girl came through raising her arms up trying to be spooky, it wasn't a look, it was more of a duvet getting caught sight to see. "oh my god, seohyun we both could go as victor and emily!" 

mina smirked, "you would look hot as hell."

"i still don't know who they are."

"how about we get the costumes now and come back to mine and watch it?" mina asked as she fiddled with the roses, "and if you don't like it i will just disown you."

"mina!" soo-jin exclaimed as she nudged the girls shoulder. "no we wouldn't disown you, just be upset. hey can i go as emily?" 

"i don't know, you look so hot as a ghost." mina laughed, staring at her, but was caught off guard as she looked to the side, seeing a group of boys walking past. she blinked seeing them smoking and messing around, she recalled her time with jj and couldn't help but think back to how things had changed.

here she was with two girls who she would've a hundred percent beaten up, yet she was enjoying their company, she didn't know why her mouth felt dry and she felt guilty.

"mina are you alright?" soo-jin reached out but jolted back as mina nodded and said she was completely fine. "i don't know if i believe you."

"trust, come on let's get some outfits." despite her smile, she was deeply done not feeling content. she was in thought over jj, she hadn't gone back to him in a while yet here she was not being able to get him out of her head.

-

"oh, i didn't realise mina was bringing company." mrs choi said as she opened the door to the three girls who were outside the door, she smiled at them and let them into the room. "do you girls need anything?"

"i am good."

"can i have a glass of water?" soo-jin asked, the woman nodded and left them, mina  them into the living room where they left their bags of clothes by the shelves. 

"what are you girls planning on doing?"

"watching some halloween films." mina stated as she watched mrs choi come in and place down three drinks of water, even though two hadn't asked for it she felt the need to bring them in just in case.

"well it will be dinner soon. do you want me to order you guys anything?" mina looked at soo-jin who was wide eyed, she barely got food that was known to her. "soo-jin?"

"oh no it's okay."

"what about some pizza?" mina said, "or we could make it if that's easier."

mrs choi smiled slightly, "it's up to you guys, i don't mind ordering but if you want to make it that's alright." she paused, "i have a business dinner soon, so just let me know once you've decided so we can get it ready." that was another thing, they had become more settled to allowing mina by herself —she was slowly but surely gaining their trust.

after leaving they chose just to order pizza in fear they wouls run out of time to watch the films. mina's personal favourite film director was  burton, he was her comfort filmmaker. she loved all of his films with a passion, edward scissorhands, corpse bride, alice in wonderland, sweeney todd. the johnny depp films.

-

"hey, san." san was walking to the shops with his grandparents, whilst in there he had bumped into the min family, a family he knew intently.

"hey hyeri." the girl was someone he had known for a while, she was the first girl he ever had been in love with. he never admitted it of course, but he was. he hadn't seen her in a while, and seeing her here reminded him of how beautiful she was. her hair was a fair brown and was in small curls over her shoulders, her eyes had some delicate glitter over them, alongside how she was wearing a flowing dress with some stitched on flowers.

"it's been ages, where have you been?" 

"things have been crazy."

"how about we grab some noodles and catch up, i've missed you." she smiled at him, he felt his cheeks flush slightly.

"yup, sure, uh... what's your-"

she pulled out a pen from her bag and wrote it down on his arm, "text me and we will arrange it."