2

"take a seat

"take a seat."

"i didn't assume i would be staying."

"mina, sit down." the girl let out a soft sigh and sat down on the chair facing opposite mr park, he was the main guidance man who helped trouble youths along their journey.

he stared at the girl as she was sat, he couldn't help but feel sorry for her hidden past and current future, it was like she had flipped a switch from the happiest girl ever, to this, to someone who pained to be here.

"why?" he asked, his voice was delicate, he wanted a warm approach, she wasn't like this, she was just in pain.

"i wanted to drink." she claimed through her purpled lips, she always had a frozen look about her, the feeling of numbness clearly attracted to her.

"you have been through so much mina, we finally got a couple who wanted to have you-"

"they wanted it for their social status, to make them seem like good people." she was used to carrying her life amidst a bin bag, her whole life packed away in the recycling.

"let me finish, they were looking forward to it. you would have had a chance for siblings, yet here you are. they can't have you anymore, their daughter comes first." she let out a chuckle, and leaned back, as though she had expected it. mr park rephrased what he had said in his head and realised how it must have sounded, he didn't want to hurt her anymore than she had, but there was nothing else he could say. "alcohol, smoking, theft from richer people, graffiti, trashing peoples homes, shops... you are supposed to know better."

"apparently i clearly don't huh." she responded by fiddling with her nails.

"mina, look at me." she hesitated but looked up, her face fell onto his, he breathed out and sat up arching his back. "i was speaking to my wife and seonghwa, and he came up with a better idea...i mentioned it to mr choi." her face had lit up for a moment then fell back down, she had a small hope which was twisted when mr choi was mentioned. "mr choi is taking you into his home, where you will stay and get yourself better-"

"i am not sick." she stated staring at him, "i am not fucking sick."

"calm down mina, you know what i meant." she rolled her eyes back then stood to her feet, straightening out her short black mini skirt, folding her arms she stared looking down at him. "he has a son who will influence you rightfully."

"i have friends who influence me rightfully."

"like jj? ara? they aren't your friends, we have banned any contact with them,"

"what the fuck that's not fair, they are my friends!" she snapped, her fists began to clench revealing her popping white knuckles, "why?"

"i told you. no contact with them, it's part of the arrangement. this is for your good mina, i know it's hard-"

"they were the only ones there for me, the only ones, especially after," she paused, her eyes began watering slightly, she wouldn't show her vulnerability at this stage, she couldn't, she refused to open that door again. after everything it made her feel like she would physically die from the mention of it, it hurt too much. "this is bullshit." she whispered through quivering lips, her nose making her voice stifled.

"if you see them it's immediate juvie. this opportunity is to help you and give you a chance of redemption. you can decline and go straight to juvie, and trust me i have seen kids who go and when they come out they..." he stopped himself, "mina, it's going-" before he could say anything he watched as she took her bag from the floor and stormed off, the door slamming behind her causing his frames to clutter against the walls, thankfully not falling and staying fixed.

mr park let out a sigh and shuffled in his seat, giving her some space before she was taken away, he looked down at the small frame in front of him. it was mrs park, he and his son seonghwa all were happy and smiling, he could never imagine abandoning his child or even hurting him physically.

why have a child if you can't care or look after them?

-

mina fiddled with her seatbelt, the small click was heard as she undid it, she turned her gaze to the man who had opened the door for her to get out of. mina heard as her thick boots crunched against the gravel as she stared at the massive house in front of her.

her brows knitted together as she glanced at him.

she took the bin bag that had been resting between her legs and held it in her hands, her fingers twiddled against the small handles, her teeth bit against her lips as she stepped forward. her eyes darted seeing as the family stood out, it was the familiar feeling she felt when meeting already families, envy, but mostly hurt.

"mina, it's great to finally meet you."

mina stared at mr park as she walked forward, facing them all, her lips sealed shut as she didn't say anything.

"i am mrs choi." she pulled her hand out in front of mina, the girl blinked and hesitantly took it in her free hand, shaking it then pulling her hand back instantly. "what's that?" the woman asked, looking down.

"what does it look like?" mina asked in return, the woman stared at her for a moment.

"i am san." she stared at the son, his jawline was sharp and fixed, he had dimples on either side of his cheek, and his smile was glistening with pointed teeth on either side, almost vampire-like from his beauty. "what's your name?"

"why should i tell you?" she scoffed, staring at him, but felt as mr park gently nudged her arm, "it's mina, are you happy now?"

"mina." he repeated,"i like your hair." she focused on him.

"whatever."

"why are you being so rude?" san raised his voice, mina looked at him, the adults remained quiet clearly wanting their son to break through to her. it was never that easy, why were adults so clueless?

"i don't like preppy people. or people in general." she stated pulling a sarcastic smile against her lips, fed up of this arrangement. juvie seemed better at this stage. "can you please show me my room now?" she turned to mr and mrs choi facing them. mr choi looked down at her, he had faced her so many times, at the most painful scene he had been to for a while, and all of her mayhem on top of it.

"of course follow me, san mind getting the tea ready whilst we do so?" he nodded and went inside instantly, yet his eyes followed mina as she stood there, she let out a grunt as she watched him equally leave. he smiled softly at her,

kill them with kindness.