6

soo-jin walked at a quick pace, she had folders clutched tightly in her hands, she had made her way to her locker just in time

she rammed them in her locker, her head constantly flicking behind her shoulder, wearily, she wanted to do it as fast as she could so she didn't have to have any social interactions with specific people.

it was the following week, specifically a monday, the previous week ending days mina had been expelled meaning soo-jin had been stuck in hiding whenever she had to, and besides that, gotten to speak to her.

well via messages and calls seemed no luck.

she barged her way into the class, thankful to seeing mina sitting down on her chair. the girl was holding some lip gloss in her hand, applying it to her lips that were shining amidst the light from the bulbs.

soo-jin let out an exclamation as she ran towards her and pulled her into a tight hug. she could hear mina mutter something under her breath clearly not liking the trapping from this tight squeeze she was confined in. soo-jin let go quickly and grabbed a chair from the opposite desk and pulled it towards mina's.

"you're back." mina stared deeply and placed her mirror back into the case in front of her, remaining silent. "you didn't answer any of my calls or texts."

unknown: hi! it's soo-jin.

unknown: when do you want to do the project? can I come to yours?

unknown: hello??

unknown: what's your address?

soo-jin: are you ignoring me? please mina

"i was busy." the thin lies escaped her tongue naturally, she used to never lie, never be this way. she regretted how she had turned out, there was little she thought she could do to change. she didn't even know how to start, accepting to change.

"what were you doing?" mina said, she watched as soo-jin's face fell. she had a slight watering eye, "i was joking." mina claimed, soo-jin's face lit up as if she flipped a switch.

"so, when can we do the project?"

"i have to do work."

"where and when do you work?" the girl asked smiling, her lashes fluttering against one another.

"you ask too many questions." mina claimed as she tucked her hair behind her shoulders, soo-jin raised her hand to speak to say something, yet then shook her head. "i can do it tonight."