12

"if it mattered to you before-"

"i don't like to speak about them." she muttered, "it mattered to me before because i believed i could speak to him.'

any confusion, she basically would do a seance with her friends trying to communicate with kim sung-ho —her dead best friend. it doesn't matter because obviously it wasn't real, and her friends didn't care about her.

she changed the subject quickly "but you should know i come out with killer halloween costumes." she smirked as she began walking backwards so she was staring directly at san. "i went as harley quinn last year, with my blonde hair." she picked two sides and made them into two pigtails moving them side to side.

"we celebrate halloween, but we sometimes go to parties, depending." he admitted, "we usually just eat and watch horror films, carve pumpkins and laugh."

"oh really, do you dress up?"

"of course, if you stay around for it we should go as a match." san exclaimed. "if you still are here of course."

mina usually would have taken offence but she was slowly realising san wasn't the villain in her story he wanted what was best of that and it was slowly becoming clearer to her. "i am sure i will be." she flashed a smile, i mean halloween was only a few weeks away.

"we could go as a superhero and sidekick that would be cool!" san seemed giddy at the idea which only caused mina to laugh, a genuine laugh that made her body feel slightly relaxed to reveal.

that day mina got in bed and she slept snug, she didn't wake up, she slept and felt her body finally rest. she had had a good day, that mattered to her.

-

there will be some flashbacks

it had been three weeks and mina wasn't as bad as she had been before, her tension and anger had eased. occasionally there were a few disagreements but for the most she had cooled off a little bit which made it easier in the house.

san wouldn't deny he preferred her kinder side in the house. it made him feel better, she did struggle with work / football and volunteering but she was slowly enjoying it.

currently it was the october break this meant they got three weeks holiday.

it was a saturday and san had planned to go out to his grandparents. he was in his room getting changed into a hand knitted purple and black jumper his grandma had made him, it wasn't the most attractive thing for him. but it made his grandma happy and he settled for that.

in truth he found it hard for the time mina had been with them, but he was grateful as she allowed him more time to speak and be around his parents.

san had been lonely, he often was out with friends lighting their days up but when he reached home and his parents weren't their the isolation began.

san wasn't one to spread if he was unhappy he simply let it swallow him up, he didn't want to bother people with his issues that he believed came from the idea he was an only child.

he found it hard to live up to the expectations of his family, having his dad in the high end he was in and his mother equally as important lead to him feeling he needed to be this amazing son to please them.

not realising they didn't need him to do it, they would love him either way, but he chose to believe differently. following his isolation from his parents he visited his grandparents associating with them in a much more distinct way than expected, his whole heart was filled from their love, they had been the people who saved him.

as he left his room with his bag on his shoulders he headed down the corridor to mina's room deciding to tell her in person he wouldn't be around this weekend –sure she wouldn't mind. "hey."

"oh, hey san what is up?" she turned and gazed at him, connecting her eyes with his.

"i am staying with my grandparents this weekend."

"you are." her voice seemed stunned.

"i am."

she looked crestfallen, "have fun." she mumbled.

san would have offered, but in truth we wanted his grandparents to himself, it wasn't being selfish he just needed some time with them.

-

seohyun, soo-jin and mina were all at the mall shopping, mina had been given some money from mrs choi who felt she had finally earned it, alongside how she was actually allowed at the mall without san's supervision.

"hey look!" soo-jin pointed out, "the football team."

"whoa where was my invite?" mina scoffed as they started walking. "oi, mingi!" she shouted looking over at them. they turned looking at her with some small smiles heading and approaching them.

"you guys alright?"

"where was my invite, i feel hurt." mina held her heart.

"your schedule is busy, i didn't realise you were even allowed out. no, not in that way but-"

"nah, it's chill." mina smiled, "who's this?"

"yeosang, this is mina." he gave her a small nod, "what are you guys up to?"

"well we are at a mall, what do you think we are doing?" soo-jin asked looking at them, directly this was the first time she had actually properly spoken to the boys. after mina had joined the team things had started to be easier and people were laying off her and not being as harsh towards her.

"yesh mingi don't be so stupid."

"oh, the football team is holding a halloween party on monday. we expect you to be there mina, and you two." mina felt a breath hitch her throat, she was never good at parties, she recalled her last one where she ended up smashing one of the beer bottles over someone's head for calling her a fucking slut.

"sure we will." soo-jin took mina's arms, not noticing the girl's quiet expression.

"don't dress up boring or anything." mingi said, "the girls are going as angels again, it gets pretty boring every year."

"doesn't stop you sleeping with them." yeosang added with a smug smirk, mina smiled also at that.

"you like the innocent type, how cute." she teased, mingi felt his face flush red, "come on you two we have places to be, see ya round." mina waved and started walking ahead with the two girls running behind her.

"mina stop running." soo-jin whined.

"i am still weak," seohyun added.

"we are going to a party, we need serious fits, and i know just where to go."