7

"look san, i have my reasons, stop questioning my judgement

"look san, i have my reasons, stop questioning my judgement."

"your judgement that-" he stopped half way through, facing her he let out a small breath, "just make her come to ours, mina."

"and what if i don't?"

"juvie. mina, don't destroy your chances." he whispered.

-

mina had managed to get soo-jin to get her to let her do the project round hers, despite what san had told mina, no.

soo-jin's real reason was she had heard rumours about mina, they were impossible to miss. people avoided her for these reasons, and her distinctive bad attitude towards her peers, it wasn't that that was holding her back from everything. she feared inviting her round, her home wasn't much, it was barely anything, the souls inside were supportive and kind. something she understood mina had never had, well she supposed, she felt her stomach clench with guilt.

mina left instantly after their rather short and abrupt conversation, leaving soo-jin to go to her last lesson and clear things up.

-

the girls head was dazed throughout the whole lesson, and when the bell rang loud and distinct she forced herself to peel her eyes awake and bring herself to her daunting reality. following everyone else out she saw mina standing outside, her hands were clenched to her sides, mina, precious mina. "hey!" soo-jin exclaimed, she walked over.

in honesty it was her mother's idea for soo-jin to be friends with her, even before she had arrived, when her eyes met mina's she instantly could see the pain reflecting from those deep pools that her eyes held. she was so misfortunate, and her mother's advice seemed more or less convinced, she needed a friend. so did soo-jin.

"can we walk?" mina asked looking ahead, "i can't get the bus." mina stated, she hadn't told san. he would be expecting her, instantly and would know where she was straight away, or he would guess she had wandered of to meet jj.

she wouldn't risk her future for jj, why would she? he wasn' worth it, no one had ever been worth it to her standards. soo-jin nodded in response and started walking down the pathway, mina was holding her hands together pressing her fingers against each other's, the bones clicking against one another.

"so who are you staying with?" soo-jin questioned looking at her, "my brother says it's mingi, but he doesn't speak to you - well no one really speaks to you..."

"it's san actually." mina said bluntly as they progressed, she could feel her phone vibrating in her pocket clearly san wanting to know where she was. "you have a brother? i didn't realise."