Pretending hurts [Angst]

You lot requested angst, so let's do that

In my opinion, I believe that Jeremy felt extremely horrible about himself with what he did to Michael as soon as he got home. So, basically this is taking place after "Optic nerve blocking on"

Also fun fact, in Sync up before Jeremy and Brooke interact Jeremy sees Michael and goes "Oh! Michael!" But then he can't see him thanks to The SQUIP so he says,

"Well that's... weird... I could've sworn I just saw Michael..."
———————————————

'Optic nerve blocking, on.'

And just like that, I, Jeremy Heere, have just blocked away my best friend Michael Mell. An irreversible mistake. I did this to no longer be the side-kick, to be the leading man and someone who is part of the story... but now...

I feel horrible.

I don't move, I just stand there. Hope blocking the SQUIPs voice telling me to get to work, I stand there and try to see Michael but he isn't there... and that's my doing. I want to cry, but the SQUIP zaps me and I don't daddle anymore, now running away with my hands clutching my backpack straps.

I want to cry, but I can't. With the SQUIP in control of my senses, I can't even let a single tear leave my eye unless it's for the attention of Brooke, or just- any girl with the status of ruling the school. I thought feeling weird made me sad, but this feeling of leaving Michael feels worse.

I... I feel like my mother...
Leaving the people I love most...

The SQUIP zaps me. I feel horrible.

MY QUANTUM CALCULATIONS CALCULATED THAT YOU WOULD BE UPSET, BUT IT DIDN'T DETECT YOU WOULD BE IN THIS MUCH DISTRESSED.

That's all you have to say? Of course I'm distressed, I... I hate myself for doing this. Why am I even doing this?

I ASSURE YOU, I ENVISIONED A FUTURE WHERE YOU GOT RID OF MICHAEL AND EVERYTHING WENT A-OKAY. YOU JUST NEED TO PRETEND.

But how can pretending I failed Michael fix anything? I'm such a jerk!

DO YOU WANT ME TO ERASE MICHAEL FROM YOUR MEMORIES?

Time flies and I'm at home, on my bed and clinging to my pillow.

You can do that?

OF COURSE, BUT YOU NEED TO DECIDE IF THAT SHOULD HAPPEN. SO, JEREMY HEERE, WOULD UOU LIKE TO DELETE MICHAEL FROM YOUR MEMORIES?

No, no! Oh god no.

My heart breaks at the thought of losing Michael forever... and then it breaks even more when I realise that I'm making it so that I lose Michael forever...

JEREMY LISTEN, IF YOU TURNED OFF OPTIC NERVE BLOCKING, THEN YOU'D BE BACK TO JEREMY 1.0.

And how bad would that be?