He looked from Jack to Rory who was always a good kid. "Sorry my friend, you've got to deal with your dad."

Even Maddie was staying out of it. Poor Jack had to deal with teenage issues and babies.

Rory sighed. "I'm going to see Gran. She'll be on my side."

Once she left, Adam turned back to Jack. "You know you're going to lose."

Maddie joined the conversation. "She's growing up and you can't stop her. It's only a matter of time before both her grandmothers are calling you. Knowing Rory she'll plead her case to my mom too."

"I thought you were on my side." Jack pouted to Maddie.

"I'll support you even when I don't agree."

Adam smiled he could tell Jack wasn't happy. He tried to lighten the mood. "She'll probably try to get Uncle Ryan on her side."

Jack laughed. "Not a chance my brother doesn't remember her name."

Adam changed the subject. "Isn't there a party to go to?"

Ryan

It impressed Ryan when he saw the street blocked off. The Point knew how to celebrate Memorial Day. He counted four or five grills and various tables and beach chairs. He overheard someone. "It doesn't matter it's not a beach day, Plover Way is the place to be."

He found it hard to recognize people as it had been so long since he visited in the summer. Scanning the crowd, he saw the one who cleaned his house, Lana, talking to a girl about the same age. He waved at Maddie, who was carrying a tray of food. He shook his head when he saw his brother with a contraption attached to the front of him with a lump that could only be his nephew. His brother was more whipped than even Ryan realized. Still, he looked unfazed by his emasculated status as he drank a beer and talked to Adam. Ryan had seen little of his house guest all weekend.

Two beautiful women caught his eye and apparently he caught theirs because they walked right toward him. A gorgeous blond who had a baby on her hip spoke first.

"Why if it isn't Ryan Harris?"

The other equally beautiful with auburn hair smiled. "Remember, we spent hours debating which of the two brothers was better looking."

The blond laughed. "I always chose Jack because he wasn't a male slut."

Suddenly Ryan worried he may have had sex with one or both of them, especially when he saw a guy who looked like he could pummel Ryan looking on frowning. Truthfully, it only took him a second to recognize the sharp-tongued blond.

"If it isn't little Jenny and her sidekick." He looked at both grown woman. Just then, Peter came up and put his arm around Megan. "Oh my God, it's the three of you. You were always behind the counter together. Man, I didn't realize it was you and you're still together?"

For the briefest of moments Peter and Megan gave each other a very private look. Peter said, "Yup, together with three kids."

The other guy who could squash him stepped forward and took the baby from Jen. "Alex honey, this is Jack's brother, Ryan."

Jack appeared. "Don't worry Alex, Ryan doesn't like wives."

Ryan looked at his brother unsure if his dig was because of his feelings for Nicole or because he had no intention of ever having a wife of his own.

Jen's husband smiled and reached out his hand. "Alex Goodwin, nice to meet you."

Jack said, "Alex built our house."

Ryan knew next to nothing about building, but the transformation of their family cottage to a two-story home was remarkable. Peter and, as he discovered, Megan's house looked similar as did the one across the street.