Chapter 40

I get home from school on Friday and I'm so happy for the game tonight. I run to the bedroom and get ready.

"My little football girl." Jay says smiles at me when I come out of the bathroom. I just have on shorts and a shirt on.

"Are you still going to watch the game tonight?" I ask.

"Yes, I wouldn't miss it." Jay says. I smile.

"Lets go." I say pulling him out the door. He locks it and we go to the first floor. Jay drives me in his truck to school.

"Ill meet you at Whitestown." Jay says after I get out. I kiss him and start walking to the field. I see the team huddled together talking to one another. Zoey and Alex started dating a few days ago. Everyone knew it was going to happen!

"Hey Jordan!" Nolan says and hugs me. The team now knows me and Jay are living together and they think is cute but they won't say the word "cute". They are teenage boys. We get in to the bus. Me and Jay always sit together. I remembered to get my flowers this time. I sit in the back by my self but still have the guys around me.

I lay in the seat and put in my earbuds. Eminem plays in my ears. I get good luck texts from the girls. I thank them and then go on Instagram. A lot of "good lucks". I post a picture of me making a weird face.

Alone and bored with out @football_34connors

I post it. My username is @football_15luck Most of the guys usernames are like that too. There's a comment

@football_34connors sorry babe love ya

I smile and click on his username and see his bio

Football is life

Taken by Jordan Luck aka

@football_15luck

I smile. After an hour we are there. My hands are sweaty. After two hours of playing football the game ends. We lost. I throw my helmet. Jay runs onto the field. He hugs me.

"Your did great." He says.

"We didn't win." I say. The guys scream. I look at the score

"Sorry focks! We didn't count that up right! Manchester Devils win!" The man in the box says.

"Yes!" I yell. The crowd screams. I kiss Jay and hug the rest of the team. Couch bring out the shiny football. He hands it to me. The team lefts me up. I hold it high in the air. I kiss it. Fuck yeah! Jay smiles at me. We run to the locker room and I grab Jays hand bring him too. We all sign the football. I just can't believe this! I beg couch to let Jay on the bus. He says okay and Jay spins me around. We run onto the buses.

"Jordan. We think you should have it." Alex says handing the football to me.

"Really?" I ask smiling.

"Yes. We couldn't have done this without you." Alex says. I start to cry.

These boys are my brothers. My family. I've known them since 1st grade. They have all been there for me. Last football game of high school. This is crazy. Next game I play will be for college! I lean my head on the window. Jay hugs me.

"Your amazing." He says. I blush as he kisses me. We get to school and we stand in a circle like we always do on the field. We hold hands.

"I promise to never forget the times on the field. The blood. sweat. tears. The fights. Tackles. The love we have for each other. When some of us leave for the ride in front of us. We will never forget them. This field in our home." We all say together.

"Jordan." Couch says to me. I walk into the middle of the circle.

"You guys know this is my last year here. It's crazy to think I'm not going to be a high school football devil anymore. I love you guys so much. Your my family. I have a brother but to me, You are more of a brother to me then him. I'll always have the good and bad times in my mind forever. We will always be family. Only some will leave and some will come. But that doesn't mean we are not a family anymore when one leaves. I'm proud to be Manchester Devil. Because of you." I say. Everyone looks at me. "I bet your waiting for me to cry." I hold the football shiny in my hands.

I walk over to Jackson and pull him into the middle of the circle. I grab the winning football and put it to the ground. He kicks it through the goal post. We all cheer. We all say goodbye to one another and go to our cars. I get into Jay's truck and Jay gets in too. I smile at him. I'll always be a Manchester devil.