Ch. 11 - Cavalry Battle

Start from the beginning

A lot of Class B already had their teams formed, which meant Hitomi had to find some of her own classmates to team up with.

She had been hoping to be on a team with Kirishima, but he had rushed off to somewhere before she could ask him.

Those in her class who seemed to give up on trying to be on a team with Bakugou were in small groups, seemingly discussing strategies for the cavalry battle. She wasn't familiar enough with a lot of them to muster up the courage to ask to be on a team with them, and ended up standing there by herself as the minutes ticked by.

Maybe I could be on Midoriya's team, and help protect his points for him...

As she was about to go look for the curly-haired boy, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, you."

----------

A few minutes earlier...

Hatsume had officially joined Midoriya's team, leaving the boy to rethink his strategy for the cavalry battle.

Midoriya explained his current plan to his team, before the green-haired boy turned to Uraraka, his other teammate. "Thanks to your zero gravity and Hatsume's support items, we've solved the question of mobility. The last thing we need to take care of is..."

The two pointed at each other, realizing the same thing.

"Defense."

Midoriya continued. "And the best person for that is..."

Uraraka put her hands together in excitement. "Ah, Hitomi-chan!"

Midoriya nodded. "Yup. We just need to find her and hope she hasn't joined another team..."

Uraraka looked around, searching for Hitomi's standout blue hair.

She spotted her a distance away, starting to walk somewhere. Tapping Midoriya's shoulder, Uraraka pointed at her. "Look, there she is! She looks like she's alone; I don't think she's joined a team yet."

Midoriya was about to walk towards her before he noticed something.

Hitomi was following the boy with purple hair from two weeks ago.

"Uraraka-san, I think she already has a team..."

"Really?" Uraraka glanced back to where Hitomi was, her face falling when she saw she was following the other boy. "Oh..."

Midoriya gave her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Uraraka-san... there's someone else I have in mind that I think can help us..."

----------

Hitomi felt like she had woken up from a fever dream when she felt something hit her back.

She felt a weight on her right arm, and realized she was holding someone's foot with her left hand.

When did I...?

She looked up to see a head of purple hair, realizing the person it belonged to was tying a headband with the number "460" around their forehead.

Hitomi snapped to the sound of Present Mic's voice, announcing the cavalry battle was about to begin.

What?! There was supposed to be about 7 minutes left to form teams, unless...

Realization dawned on her as she stared at the boy she was keeping steady.

Somehow, without her realizing, he had gotten her to join her team without her ever agreeing.

A quirk that can control people doesn't seem implausible...

She looked to see who else was on her team, noticing she was gripping the shoulder of a boy with ice blue hair who she assumed was from Class B. Ojiro turned out to be standing next to her, and she realized his tail was probably what jolted her awake.