2.6

GuangHao stared coldly at the young boy who made his way into the living room, pulling the clothes off the ground and placing them into the crook of his arms.

"I told you not to come back."

LanLing exhaled a breath, concealing his anger and frustration underneath the quick puff of air,

"After every one of these flings, you come running back anyways, what's the point of me leaving?"

A slight wince came as a response.

When he first met him, a sense warmth surged through his brain making his eyes unable to tear himself away from LanLing's face.

Did he love him?

At first GuangHao thought he did, the tingling sensation of his heart and constant thumping in his chest told him he did.

But as time went by, he started feeling as though something was wrong.

LanLing was not selfish, was not petty, knew how to cook great meals and knew how to make him happy.

But that was not what he wanted.

His person was more flawed but lovable all the same.

Although this face resonated with GuangHao, what is underneath did not.

This thought pained him endlessly, sending him into bouts of confusion.

What was love, was he unable to love?

He went out and brought back countless men and women, only to kick them out after a kiss. Then having LanLing, the body of who he was longing, comfort him after.

He knew he was scum, sometimes he wished he had not done what he did, but the urge kept getting stronger and stronger.

Then FeiNan appeared.

He had seen this president before, a man with prideful and ruthless personality.

But that day, seeing him in the café hunched over, made GuangHao's heart feel stuffy.

Extending his hand out to help FeiNan, a small whisper came out,

"JunQing..."

JunQing? His heart thumped erratically, it was like he could see something but his just could not grab it. The memory slipping through his fingers like sand.

This intrigued GuangHao.

He knew his heart beats for the man before him, but he does not know whether it was love, or something else.

His heart reacted to LanLing and was disappointed, he did not want to taste this disappointment again.

But he did not want to let go.

Weaving an intricate web, he slowly spun a trap around FeiNan, surrounding him with honey nectar and sweet nothings.

But this prey could not sit still, he kept rushing towards the exit, towards this 'JunQing' of his.

As GuangHao got to know more of FeiNan, his heartbeat never ceased, it reacted strongly everytime he thought about the man.

He kept away from his one night stands, kept away from LanLing, until his sweet trap was finished, he hopes this was what he was looking for.

As the web thickened and spun round, GuangHao got more and more entranced by FeiNan, his hands worked faster as he encompassed his target.

As the last string was about to be placed, LanLing tore through it.

"...you will come running back to me anyways..."

This sentence used to haunt him, but thinking about FeiNan, it does not seem so scary anymore.

"I won't..."

LanLing looked back at him coyly, smirking as he did so,

"What?"

Usually it would have looked seductive, but now, his heart stilled.

"I won't run back to you..."

This led to a feeling of forebearance in LanLing's heart.

Was this face not good enough anymore?

"LanLing, leave."

Not willing to put up an act like a clingly ex, he scoffed,

"Don't run back to me crying, after all, he doesn't even seem to be interested in you anyways."

GuangHao's face did not change from that sentence all the way to seeing LanLing leave his house.

He placed his head in his hands.

LanLing was right.