2.2

The man in question looked confused as he said,

"Who's JunQing?"

FeiNan blinked rapidly as the overlapping images of JunQing and this random man slowly merged together, making the one he wants to see the most, disappear.

He unenthusiastically looked back at the wooden table infront of him, taking a few deep breaths, he turned back now with a business like smile,

"I'm sorry, I've mistaken you for someone else....Thank you for your help."

The obvious forced expression led GuangHao to be dumbfounded, he was unsure of what to do next.

Shifting his hand away slowly, he looked like a teenage girl in a romantic movie, with a bashing face and soft voice he murmered,

"I'm glad you're fine."

The air turned stale as one stared, blushing, at the ground. The other had a cold aura emanating from his body.

Unwilling to drown in this suffocating awkwardness, FeiNan drummed the table with his fingers before standing up, his hands now busy fiddling with his tie, ready to get out of the cafe.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the silence was broken.

A low rumble only audible to both of them suddenly emitted.

FeiNan's fingers initially stopped for a split second before playing it off like it did not come from him. He tried to pretend nothing happened, but a slight blush rose from his cheek to his ears.

Internally screaming in his mind, FeiNan wanted to shed tears of blood as he just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.

But as fate would have it, GuangHao smiled, the Protaganist aura overwhelming the already very overwhelmed FeiNan,

"Why not have lunch with me?"

"Thanks but I really need to g-"

Another rumble broke across the conversation, now loud enough that people in the cozy cafe could hear him. He closed his eyes and cursed at the gods, opening them again while smiling,

"I will have to take you up on that offer."

GuangHao flashed a beaming smile, like a child that has been given candy. He ushered for the other to sit comfortably before walking to the counter to order.

Wrapping his hands together, FeiNan closed his eyes and leaned onto the window, the slight warmth from the glass panels giving him some comfort through this difficult time.

"M-my name is GuangHao, what is yours?"

A slightly embaressed and stuttering Protaganist sat down across him, snapping him back to the present.

Remembering how he screwed up by meeting the Protaganist too early in the previous world, FeiNan's eyes darkened before turning outside, looking at the neatly pruned bushes.

"This is only a coincidence, I doubt we need to know each other."

Turning back with a smile, his expression cold and lonely, sharp as a knife.

Maybe it is the Protaganist Halo, but GuangHao was completely unaffected. He smiled sheepishly before looking down at the sweet white coffee in his cup.

FeiNan scoffed at the sheer absurdity of GuangHao, turning his head away to avoid looking at the sight before him, he complained in his heart,

Honestly, JunQing is a 100x better, what is with this guy's soft attitude, how is he a President?!