Chapter 1.15

While in the coma, FeiNan could still feel his consciousness, like he was there yet not there, dead but alive, he was at the edge.

He was floating in an expanse of nothing, like gravity did not apply to his body at all. Cracking open his eyes, all around him (were familiar faces..) was just darkness, not a speck of light could be seen.

"System?"

He shouted, but the sound just echoed again and again, emphasizing how empty the space around him was.

Suddenly static noise could be heard, like a broken television buzzing and humming, this gave FeiNan a splitting headache. He covered his ears trying to block the sound out, curling up into a ball as sweat dripped down his forehead.

Groaning, his sweat slipped into his eyes stinging them in the process.

But this pain brought about a change in landscape, the black expanse whirled around him, flashes of white blinded his eyes as he curled up tighter into a ball and whimpered softly,

"Help me."

"FeiNan? FeiNan snap out of it!"

JunQing dropped the tray of warm water rushing to his side, looking at the droplets of sweat and his pained look, JunQing held FeiNan's hand, gripping it tightly.

As time ticked by slowly, the pained expression faded but FeiNan's eyes refused to open, making it seem like he was just having a peaceful slumber.

JunQing picked up the dropped water basin and refilled it, bringing it back to FeiNan's side. Using the damp cloth he wiped FeiNan's face down with warm water, then proceeded to slightly move his thick robe.

Muttering an apology, he reach into FeiNans robes and wiped down his chest and back, glancing up at the ceiling as he steadied his breath.

I feel like I'm taking advantage of the weak..

He dipped the cloth into the water again and continued to wiped down the rest of his body, afterwards he quickly swapped FeiNan's robes for a new set and sighed in relief when the whole ordeal was done.

He sat by the bedside and observed the other's face. It was tranquil and serene totally void of the previous minute when he was in agony.

JunQing lightly caressed FeiNan's soft cheek, his mouth parched like he has not drank water all his life.
But he had enough self dignity to not pounce on a comatose patient.

Letting his hands drop to the side he left the room with the basin of cooling water, dumping it all away.

At his hip was the golden sword that FeiNan had held on, like it was his life saving straw. When they returned home, he had to forcefully pry his fingers off, only to find FeiNan's palms and fingers scalded horribly. His hands had turned into reddish pink , and some parts of his skin in contact with the sword had even flaked off.

JunQing gripped the sword, but instead of the intense pain he expected, there was only a surge of warmth filling his veins as the sword glowed brightly, temporarily blinding himself.

He shook his head as he placed the basin on the shelf, looking down at the sword.

This was what FeiNan was looking for?

As he unsheathed the sword from its scabbard, the blade nicked a tiny bit of his finger and a droplet of blood landed on the hilt. Instead of slipping off as one expected, the sword started violently vibrating, twisting and turning as if it was trying to break free of something. The small droplet of blood evaporating into the air slowly.

After awhile, the sword suddenly fell onto the ground with a 'clunk' sound and a haughty voice spoke,

"Hmph, what are you doing? Get me off the ground you lowly being!"

JunQing's eyes widened in shock but nothing came out his mouth other than,

"What are you?"

"What am I, obviously I am TianDi the one and only heavenly- hey what are you doing!?"

JunQing picked up the sword and moved it around, trying to find out if there was something on this that was making the voice.

"Hey-hey, I'm getting dizzy, put me down you discourteous little bastard!!"

The sword shook in anger as it pulled itself away from JunQing, levitating just fine itself.

"If you can fly, why did you ask me to pick you up?"

"Huh-hmph shut up!"

The sword flew around the room, inspecting everything, till it reach the table, and it stared at HeiYe. Hovering over the blade, it fell into a strange silence,

"HeiYe! What is he doing here?"

It circled two times before directing its blade at JunQing,

"Lowly one! Explain!"

JunQing furrowed his brows and looked at the sleeping FeiNan,

"It's his sword, I don't know where he got it."

The blade tried to zip past JunQing to get to FeiNan but JunQing immediately grabbed its handle and stabbed the sword into the ground. He coldly spat out,

"Do not overstep your boundaries. If you dare act so rashly towards him again. I will..."

His eyes flashed, completing the horror the sword had imagined,

"Not only that but you scalded FeiNan's hands, tell me do you want to die?"

The sword pulled itself out the ground and said with a less confident voice,

"How is it my fault? I am a heavenly sword and HeiYe is a demonic sword. If that one practices using HeiYe obviously there will be consequences."

JunQing's ears perked up,

Demonic sword? FeiNan...practices demonic arts?

The sudden revelation stunned JunQing momentarily, as someone who does not believe in the righteous nor demonic path, this still was a bitter pill to swallow.

Demonic arts had never ended well for its users.

"Lowly one. Take this as a warning. All wielders of us, TianDi and HeiYe never had good relationships. I demand that you separate yourselves immediately!"

JunQing shifted his head slightly, a slight trickle of rage seeped from his eyes,

"Say that again?"

"Y-y-you don't try to scare me!!

We were created together and meant to be the incarnates of the Yin and Yang symbol. But you lowly humans have separated us! HeiYe has long lost its mind, and vehemently repels me, of course its wielder will be affected and also grow a repulsion for my wielder!! You both are destined to never be on good terms!"

A storm brewed outside the windows...

Author's Note:
I don't know why, but I want to apologise if this arc is way too long, <(゜ロ゜;)>