Chapter 1.11

"You dare!"

Seeing red, JunQing grabbed a rusty scabbard by the table and unsheathed it, a dark aura engulfed his body as he charged towards the man.

"Good potential."

The man just used his two fingers to stop the sword, not even a single scratch had grazed him from the impact.

"But it's not enough."

The rusty blade made an ugly cracking sound before shattering before their eyes. Surprisingly, JunQing kept his calm and stepped back, pulling out the dagger at his hip.

"Host...host...FeiNan!"

The system tried to pry its Host away from his moment of realisation, but it does not know that despite its best efforts the static noise resounding in FeiNan's head just got louder and louder.

Treating the battling two like they were air, FeiNan shakily took steps towards the pale woman lying motionless on the ground, not far from her was her severed hand, clutching onto the remanents of the bead.

A lump of air was stuck in his throat,

"No...no.."

I grabbed her hands, they were so cold. I felt no pulse, no blood, there was nothing. I check again, and again, I touched her neck, caressed her face.

Wake up please. Wake up. Female Lead is coming tomorrow. You will be well. Be well.

Don't leave me. Don't leave me here alone. Mother...Mother...wake up..

Warm blood seeped from the corner of his mouth, the sickly sweet metallic taste penetrated his senses.

He looked down to a long blade piercing through his abdomen, his robes stained a deep crimson shade, much like the puddle of blood pooling around the separated wrist.

Well this isn't so bad,

His eyes slowly slid close, a smile crept up on his lips as he let himself be swept up by the waves of death.

"Don't you dare die on me NanFei! You hear me?! I know he came for you! Aren't you suppose to take care of me!!"

"Take care of JunQing for me..."

I need to take care...of JunQing...she said I need...

A new surge of strength came over him as he forced his mouth open, coughing up some blood he whispered,

"System, help me.."

"H-Host wuwuwu please don't die....Spending 200 000pts, Skill [Second Chance] used."

The sword that was lodged inside his body was slowly forced out by a strange entity, the wound melded together like threads overlapping, stopping the blood and fusing his flesh back.

A wave of nausea hit him, his vessels felt like blood was flowing backwards, his heartrate sped up. Pushing away JunQing, he curled up on the floor, tears streaking down his cheeks, blacken blood flowing out his mouth.

It hurts

Slowly but surely, FeiNan fell unconscious, his clothes were a mess, tear tracks littered his face.

JunQing looked darkly at the scene infront of him, inner turmoil tore at him. But one thing is for sure, he felt growing hatred, anger and restlessness.

He brought his Mother's body out of the house and into a small hill located not so far from the vicinity, under a pear tree he buried her remains. Not a single tear dropped.