Chapter 2.1 ( Unprecendented Love)

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry..wake up...wake up..WAKE UP!!"

FeiNan screamed himself awake, he was now in the same white expanse he was at in the beginning. He looked to his side to see a fluttering round ball,

"Host! Host! I was so worried!!"

The little ball chimed incessantly, but instead of getting annoyed, FeiNan looked left and right. He was finally disappointed. His clammy hands covered his face as he started bawling his eyes out.

"H-host..."

The system could only project a holographic picture of itself to try comfort its Host. It patted his back soothingly as he sniffled and weeped.

As a system, it cannot understand emotions. But that does not mean it is not capable of it, the system has now labeled its encounter with the black mist as 'fear'. And now, this throbbing pain in its mind, looking at how its Host was so sorrowfully weeping, it will name it 'sadness'.

There was no concept of time in the white expanse, FeiNan could have cried for days, years or centuries. But once he exhausted his neverending tears, he stood up with red rimmed eyes.

He choked out,

"System.....bring me to the next world."

As if on cue, the white expanse began swirling infront of him as the colour specture mixed into his vision, transporting him to another dimension, the system took this time to explain the next world,

"The next world is modern, set in 21XX. You are the CEO of the Protaganist's competing company. FL is a normal, everyday business woman that works at the front desk. This plot is basically two CEOs competing for the same woman, showering her with gifts and affection. This world is fairly simple....as I want you to recuparate properly..."

FeiNan closed his eyes and remmebered how harshly he treated rhe system back in the first world, riddled with guilt, he whispered,

"Thank you.."

"H-huh..ehehe..no problem Host!!"

You could almost picture a glowing system practically bouncing in its shoes from happiness.

When FeiNan opened his eyes, the world had already materialised around him. He was in an luxurious but simplistic room.

Luxurious as he could tell every piece of furniture no matter how bland, was expensive.

Simplistic as the room held the most basic of basic designs, from pure white wall clocks to a pure black digital alarm.

The said digital alarm was now beeping as the numbers 5.30 flashed against it.

FeiNan groaned as he pulled himself out of bed and slammed his hand down on the alarm, earning him a sweet sense of silence.

He rested his face in his hands and sat at the side if the bed for awhile, gathering his bearings and trying to fight off the lethargic feeling in his bones.

As the wall clock ticked whilst the seconds go by, FeiNan eventually rose from bed and did his morning routine of showering, brushing his teeth and getting dressed. This is the one thing that would never change in any world.

He pulled open his wardrobe to be greeted with the blandest of bland clothing in the history of the universe. Black, grey or white. Now it might now seem so bad, but it is horrible when every suit, shirt and pants have the exact same cut and press.

"First green now this.."

FeiNan muttered to himself as he haphazardly pulled out a random suit and began dressing himself.