Chapter 1.17

I'm back?

FeiNan pinched himself to make sure he was not dreaming. A sharp pain electrocuted his cheek, a clear contrast to the numbness he felt in the dark expanse.

Looking at how muddled FeiNan was, JunQing felt his heart squeeze in pain. He embraced the other again, wrapping his arms around FeiNan's body.

FeiNan's hands hung limply as he observed JunQing. He squinted,

What's going on?

His eyes focused on JunQing but the more he stared the more painful the pricks on his eyes. He sucked in a sharp breathe and looked behind JunQing, waiting for the other to let go of him.

"JunQing...it's fine.."

He turned his head to the side and pushed him away slightly, making sure not of look directly at him.

FeiNan's eyelashes casted a shadow over his face as he managed to pry JunQing off himself.

"I...I thought you would never wake up..."

Hearing this, FeiNan stopped his rejection and tried his hardest to look at JunQing.

The uncomfortable sensation made his face scrunch up into a hard grimace, but he manages to choke out a light joke,

"It seems like half my time with you is me in some sort of coma."

He continued to pat JunQing's back,

"Come on, let go, I'm suffocating here."

FeiNan turned to the table where HeiAn was. He slowly got up and walked over to inspect the blade, the black metal used to make it really reminded him of the darkness in the expanse.

As his fingers touched the handle, his entire body pulsated, a strong headache suddenly attacked his temples as he staggered backwards.

For some reason he went through the motions of touching his ear, lightly grazing against the jade earrings.

But nothing happened.

Maybe it's just the coma..

FeiNan hung the sword at his side, patting it down while taking a glance at JunQing.

"So..what have you been up to?"

He took notice that JunQing was silently observing his sword, so snapped his two fingers to get his attention.

"Huh...I..I took the sword you recovered and...trained with it.."

Somewhere in JunQing's heart he was waiting for the repulsion from FeiNan as stated by the sword, but contrary FeiNan exclaimed,

"That's amazing! I didn't even have to tell you what to do!

Truely it's the Protaganist's destiny.

FeiNan's eyes sharpened, a slight hint of grey seeped into his eyes, turning his dark as night pupils to a foggy mist, adding on a layer of mysteriousness to his appearance.

"While I was away did you find clues on who was he masked man?"

"I wanted to tell you...I have a feeling it is the heir of the YuChen clan."

"How are you so sure?"

"....because of this."

JunQing placed something on the wooden desk, the crisp click of the metallic object and the table was sharp to FeiNan's ears as he eyed it carefully. His hand lifted up to reveal a shiny, gold pendant. An insignia of a blooming red flower carved meticulously onto it, the flower almost looked alive.