twenty

i hate this story omg but idk what to do with it i

Ding. Ding.

I mumbled and shifted a bit in my sleep. I tried telling myself to ignore it.

And I should've stayed in bed that night. I should've ignored it. But I had this gut feeling, you know in those scary movies when the girl just has to open the dark door but you're yelling at her to not? But she just had to open that door even if it meant life or death. And this was life or death.

"What? Hello?" I groaned, trying to find my voice, but it was still raspy and tired. I glanced at the clock, it was 3am. It seemed like this was always the time I was deprived of my sleep. 3am.

"Sophia? Sophia, oh my god, you answered! Finally! I was so worried." Harry quickly mumbled. He sounded out of breathe and rushed. "I-I thought they found you."

My heart sunk. "They? Harry it's too late for this. You're probably still drunk." I rubbed my eyes, adjusting to the dark room. I heard chatter outside my window. Olivia was still dead asleep, so I tugged on my sweater and shuffled towards the window.

"Sophia, stay out of sight. I'm almost there." And he hung up. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stated down at my phone. It really was 3am. And I had come to conclusion that Harry was delusional and drunk and I was just dreaming.

But my eyes faltered on the scene outside of my window. There were three black cars. They were lined up beside the entrances, but they kept quiet. They probably didn't want to wake our dorm leader.

About five men were beside the cars. I didn't recognize any of them, but they looked intimidating. They kept a sharp eye on their surroundings and for some reason, I ducked down so they wouldn't catch me watching.

One tall man stopped to open the door of the third car where another stepped out. I gasped quietly, because it wasn't just someone I knew.

It was Mr. Payne.

He had a phone pressed to his ear and his shooed the men to where he wanted them. What was my teacher doing at this hour?

The door swung open and I nearly screamed at the top of my lungs, but it was only Harry. "I thought I told you to stop scaring me." I joked. He didn't seem to like it.

"Okay, this may sound crazy, I know. But I need to get you out of here. Like now." His breathing was heavy. Harry was out of breath. He had been running. His messy hair was pulled back in a beanie showing his tired, yet alert eyes.

Was he insane? It was the middle of the night! But for some reason, I didn't question his demands. I could tell he was being honest, scared even. He grabbed one of my backpacks from a shelf, and shoved it towards me.

"Throw in a one outfit. A few things you want. Just anything, as long as you make it quick. Okay? I'll be waiting outside of the back exit in my car. I'll explain everything then, alright, not everything but enough. Please, Sophia, be fast." His words tumbled quickly out of his lips. He whispered them, as he searched the room. Harry's eyes peeked out of the window as he watched the cars.

He repeated the word, 'fast', once more before he left the room promptly, yet quietly. All without waking Olivia.

I assumed Olivia would be safe. But me? I didn't even have time to process anything. I realized I was in some type of danger. But for what? Questions jumbled through my mind as everything became automatic. I grabbed a sweater, jeans, and vans. One outfit.

I stuffed those into my bag along with my phone. I brought in random necessities. But I didn't know what to bring. Was this going to be for a long time? Or just the night?

I took a deep breath and slipped on my shoes, before grabbing Niall's hat and placing it on my head. For protection.

As I slipped out of my door, I heard the front door of the dorms open. My head peered towards the exit. I could make it if I was quick enough. So I dashed out right as the tall men opened the door.

That was too close. But who were they?

Harry waved through window as he sat in the front seat. I followed into the passenger seat, throwing my bag into the back seats. My heart was beating a million times fast as Harry stepped on the gas and sped to exit the campus. "You okay?"

He broke the silence as neither of us knew what to say. "Okay? Harry, what the hell is going on? I was just told to pack and run out of my dorms at 3am. I think I deserve an explanation."

He gripped the steering wheel, making a sharp turn into a back road. He sped up faster towards a small home, but stopped a few blocks before we reached the destination. "You want answers? Fine, I can give you that. But I'll tell you everything I can and I can't tell you anything more after that."

I stared back at him. I only knew Harry because of Niall. And sure, Niall's friends weren't the best people but I felt like I could trust Harry. And I did.

"Okay. Well, we're going up to that house over there. Louis will be there. He's set us up a place for tonight. Once we know you're safe, we'll keep going. I'll explain everything there. Just trust me. Can you?"

I sighed, turning back to see the empty road in the dead night and looking ahead to see the lit home. I didn't have a choice. I nodded, "Okay. Yeah."

it's probably really confusing now and you probably have a lot of questions but next chapter will answer most of them and where niall is