fourteen

"Wake up," A high pitched voice sang. My eyes flickered a bit before I opened them to see Olivia poking my cheek. I mumbled something, trying to make out words but it was way too early.

Olivia shoved my blanket off and handed me my phone, "You better wake up because you have your hottie Professor Payne punishment." She winked and shimmied her shoulder a bit, "Oh and Niall keeps texting you it's been bothering me all morning."

I groaned and ignored her first statement, because Liam was not my priority. But I took my phone and scrolled through about four messages from Niall, who had changed his contact name once more...

Nialler: hey good morning x
Nialler: um i woke up early for our detention thingy nd idk what to do
Nialler: this video about pandas its fucking hilarious you.tube/41627
Nialler: we shud go for some coffee b4
Nialler: text me nd ill meet u there

I started to laugh really hard at the video because the panda was rolling around on a playground. My phone began the ring and I quickly answered it because Niall's funny face showed up.

I was still laughing but I managed to greet him with a, "Hey there you." Niall laughed into the speaker too, "Hey there you too." I breathed in to stop laughing because I probably sounded really annoying now.

"I see you watched the video," He laughed again. His voice was a bit raspy since it was about 8 in the morning. "Yeah, it was so cute and funny."

I moved out of my bed, and headed to start my shower. Olivia was already showered and ready as she was packing her bags for thanksgiving break. "I knew you'd like it...But let's grab coffee, yeah?"

I began to strip as I held the phone between my ear and shoulder, "Yeah, I'll take a shower and meet you there?"

-

"I'll be off to England!" Olivia gave me a right hug, "I'll see you later, babe." Zayn waved as he held his hand at the small of her back. I said my goodbyes to the two love birds as they turned to the left to catch a cab while I made my way to the coffee shop.

The place wasn't too busy today since most people had caught their flights back home earlier. Niall had texted that he'd be a little late because he had drop Louis off somewhere so I ordered for him.

"I'll have two caramel macchiatos, a toasted bagel, and a blueberry muffin," I smiled at the woman as she took the order. I stood by the 'pick up here' and mindlessly tapped at my phone playing some 2048, although I hated it.

"Um, are you Sophia Rhodes?" Somebody had tapped on my shoulder, a light girly voice. I looked up from my phone and turned to face her. She was blonde, and absolutely gorgeous.

I nodded and kind of raised my eyebrow because I had never talked to this girl, although she looked like the head of the sorority down the street. "I'm Ari, I live in the sorority Beta Nu." Bingo.

I just continued to smile and nod. Why was she chatting to me? "Um, aren't you dating Niall Horan?" She asked, her head tilting like a confused puppy. "No, we're just close friends." Close friends that have kissed and stuff, but yeah friends.

"Oh," her smile dropped, "I hope you're careful. He's got a mean streak."

A mean streak? Niall has been nothing but nice and who was she to judge him?

"Excuse me?" I snapped a bit because all of this gossip about him was always stupid. They didn't know him like I did. "I, uh, kind of dated Niall a year ago. He didn't make anything official, but we were really close." Ari looked around, like she was afraid someone was listening.