ten

Harry and I walked in a comfortable silence, the moon the only light in the sky along with a few distant stars and street lights in front of us. He seemed quiet about something, so I chose to break the quiet unsettling silence.

"So, um, how long have you known Niall?" I whispered. Of course the first thing that popped into my mind was him. Harry lifted his head up, staring back at me. And I noticed how green his eyes were. It was kind of, cute.

"Only known him since our first year." He replied shortly. Another silence fell upon us. Harry cleared his throat once again, "We were really close last year. He used to be my wingman. Until I found out he was sleeping with every girl I found myself attracted to. He always wins. Always gets the girl." Harry mumbled and trailed off. His eyes avoiding me.

I didn't know what to say. Was he trying to hint something? Probably. But I kind of felt bad. Harry was the underdog.

"But I mean- he's not all that bad." Harry spoke up, "Just a little... broken."

I was about to respond, before Harry announced that the pub was to our left. And that we could just chill in there, have a beer or something. As we entered, the pub was filled with uni students. A few couples were making out in the back, groups of students laughing loudly over shots, and a few familiar faces smoking and playing pool in the back.

I felt myself staying close behind Harry. I've never been in somewhere so different. Besides that one party. We both found two stools in the corner near the pool tables. "I'll have a pint, and a..." He looked at me for an answer, with which I replied with 'just a coke'.

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy drinking. Harry smiled, finishing up his order with the bartender. After our drinks arrived, Harry leaned beside me. My hand clung onto his forearm every time I heard a loud noise. I was acting like a baby. But Harry didn't seem to mind.

"Wanna play pool?" I turned to see Louis, and he was a bit, drunk. His arms slung around the both of us with the stench of beer coming off of him.

Harry quickly gave him a "bro hug", which made me laugh because Louis stumbled back to hug me straight after. "Y-you looooook bootiful Sofiah." Louis mumbled, his arm slung around me as he directed us towards the pool tables.

I just giggled and stared wide eyed at Louis' actions. "Why thank yo-" I started before Louis stopped at a table where my eyes met his.

Oh fuck me.

Niall's laugh rang through as he and Zayn laughed about something. He put his cigarette down, before he raised his head. Both of our smiles immediately faded. "I found friends!!" Louis smiled, his eyes crinkling like a little baby. Niall's eyes avoided me as Harry came in to sight right behind me.

Oh. So he really did stand me up?

Make him regret it.

"Is it okay if we play?" Harry questioned, breaking the awkward tension between us. Louis clapped, handing us sticks. We took that as a yes. We began the game, splitting into teams. Louis seemed to be the only talker tonight along with Zayn. Niall acted as if I was some stranger of no importance. Which crushed me.

Well two can play at this game, right? Louis suggested that Niall and him would make a chapping pair, so I was stuck with Harry while Zayn said he had to go pick up Olivia. I was about to ask if I could join him but that would just cause me to look like a coward. And be stuck watching them make out.

The game began. I watched as Louis took the first shot, and Niall's eyes wandered elsewhere practically undressing a girl across the bar with his eyes. Her dress was tight on her arse, and her boobs were practically pouring out of her top. I rolled my eyes in digust before looking back at Niall and Louis.

Niall stared intently at me, knowing I saw the girl and that he had gotten to me. He licked his lips slowly, a small smirk playing upon them. I scoffed, tearing the eye contact we had. I looked to see Louis had made a simple shot, all the balls were scattered unevenly.

I knew exactly where to hit and how I could win, you could say I wasn't bad at the game. It was all just math and angles. But I remembered I was playing a game. A game that Niall was not going to win. I could be a tease, too.

"Um, Harry?" I looked up at him, his back was against the wall watching the game. I batted my eyelashes, smiling innocently. "Do you think you could teach me how to play?" At the corner of my eye, I saw Niall's eyes bulge out. He knew.

"Uh-wow-um, sure. Yeah, of course." Harry enthusiastically replied. "So you want to be at the perfect angle..." His hands held my hips, placing them close to his. Wow, this was escalating quicker than I thought. I felt myself blush at his words; because I was 100% sure this wasn't pool he was talking about.

"You have to make sure you've got some experience, right? So just bend down here, and..." His hand wrapped over mine, as he backed the stick. "And shoot." He whispered. The ball flew, hitting two into the small net right beside Niall. I looked up to see him fuming.

His fists were tightly clenched around the pool stick, his eyebrows knitted as he watched us pull apart from our, um, position. "Why don't ya both just fuck each other right now?" Niall spat, placing his beer back on the table.

I didn't know what to say, what was I supposed to? I blushed, looking down at the ground. "He's drunk." Harry mumbled, beside me. "Now you're whispering dirty things to each other, huh? Is this a date or somethin'?" Niall eyed us both, his body stumbling towards us. "Go ahead now, make out. That's what you want Sophia, isn't it? You're no better than me. A little slut-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, "Just shut up!" Everyone was staring at me now, oh hell, the whole pub was. I stormed out of the place, fuck. How could he think of me like that? Oh, he was trouble and I should've listened to Olivia or anybody. He was nothing but-

I sat alone beside some random store a block away from the pub. A shadowy figure blocked my sight, "Sophia?"

not sure when the next update will come i'll start writing it ASAP!!