thirteen

"You're really stupid!" Olivia whispered, but it sounded louder than she expected. Liam, or Professor Payne, turned around to glare at Olivia which she took as a hint to shut up.

I rolled my eyes at her because today Liam let us pick partners and I grabbed Olivia before she could stay with Zayn. I couldn't be with Niall, he'd be a big tease. And I had just told Olivia everything that happened with Niall the other night.

After we agreed on our little game, we talked with his friends and Niall showed me this cute little fountain in the back. Then he drove me home and that was it. But Olivia hated Niall.

"Thanks." I huffed, flipping the textbook to the page about chemical bonds.

She continued her rant, again not caring about Liam's warning, "You can't just say you want to he friends and then have this little kissing game of yours! Friends don't kiss last time I checked, Sophia."

I opened my mouth to argue, but closed it because well I didn't have an argument. She was right.

We continued to try and set up our lab, without Olivia breathing down my neck about Niall every second, so I volunteered myself when Liam asked for one person from each pair to collect the materials. "I'll go," I rushed before Olivia could speak another word.

Since our class was pretty big I was stuck at the end of the line waiting as people started to grab one of each out of the many boxes. Probably samples and such. "Hey there you," I jumped as Niall squeezed my waist from behind.

I ignored him, because well, Olivia's lecture was actually getting to me. Maybe as long as I didn't talk to him, or see his really cute face, I wouldn't be tempted to kiss him.

I could see Niall cross his arms from the corner of my eye as I reached up to grab one of the samples from a high self. I reached on my tippy toes but it was a bit high after the guy before me pushed it all to back on accident.

"You're hopeless," he laughed as he easily grabbed the tube by jut stretching his arms a bit. Niall handed it to me, purposely lingering his fingers on mine. I rolled my eyes, but mumbled a 'thanks'.

He still hadn't let go of my hand, so I tugged harder. "Let go." I groaned, if this was his way of being funny it sure wasn't working.

"Aw baby but I'm having so much fun watching you squirm." Niall smirked, his 'friends' joining in his humor. I felt sick. He really is still an asshole around his buddies. "Fuck you." I yelled, tugging harder at the glass tube.

"Aye Horan, you're not gonna let a lil' girl beat you?" This blonde haired dick, Luke, yelled. He always seemed to tease every girl in his way and he was a freshman too, so he followed Niall's footsteps like some based god.

Niall seemed to listen as he tugged harder back. My mouth was wide opened by now as we continued to tug the tune back and forth. "Give it up, you idiot!" I whined, as we both pulled on it at the same time.

It slipped from my fingers as the tube whirled into the air, flying straight into Luke and his friend, Calum's, experiment. The glass tube crashed into their heater beaker, causing them to break into a million pieces. The heater below the beaker started to set fire to one of their samples and it was chaos from there.

Calum started whacking on the paper with a rag but that only made things worse and set fire to the rag. Liam ran from his desk to stop the fire, but it was too late, the sprinklers went off and so did the alarm.

Everyone started screaming and running out, while I just stood there being soaked glaring at Niall.

Liam huffed, pushing us out of the room before he yelled, "Both of you! In my office after this is cleared!"