LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES

Ishika's pov

Something had happened and I fainted on the ramp while my show was going on. It was Darshan who took me to hospital.

"Darshan" I say and break the silence.

"H- how are you feeling right now? Is your head still aching" He says with a concern.
"I am fine now. My head feels a bit heavy though" I said.
"You fainted on the ramp and we had to get.... "

"Why did you come back?" I said with teary eyes

"Wasn't it enough what you did two years back. Back then you destroyed my dream and today for the second time you crushed my dreams. I guess my dream to become a fashion designer was ment to be unfulfilled" And I bursted out.

"Mr Darshan Raval, the reports are here and the doctor wants to have a word with you" Said the nurse.

Since Ishika's parents weren't here and they would take time to fly down to Mumbai from Kolkata, Darshan had to do all the formalities.

"Yes doctor" Darshan said.

"Well Mr. Raval the reports doesn't show good signs. Ishika has been suffering from brain tumor for the past two years. And it seems like she ain't taking her medicines on time. The tumor has grown big now and I doubt.... "

"How much time she has? " Darshan said interrupting the doctor

"Max to max two years. But if she takes care of her, there are some rays of hope.

" Thank you" Darshan said and left the cabin.

He rushed to Ishika's room and found Ishika's parents there. They were shocked to see Darshan there.

"You! What are you doing here?" Her mom spoke.

"Ma'am he is the one who got your daughter here.  You must really thank him for saving your daughter's life" The nurse exclaimed.

"Uncle, Aunty, can you please come with me, I have something to talk to you both" Darshan said.

And he narrated the entire thing that was stated in the medical reports.
Ishika's parents couldn't believe their ears. They didn't even have the idea of what their daughter was going through in her life for the past two years. They cursed themselves for being so irresponsible and careless and not taking proper care of their daughter.

(A/N: Everyone might have heard of "LIFE ISN'T A BED OF ROSES" but according to me "LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES"
Not literally but Metaphorically!
"Lay on a bed of roses and the petals will fall off leaving thorns"

Life is a combination of sniffles and joys but with  sadness predominating.

Maybe Ishika's longing to meet Darshan once in her lifetime got fulfilled but what about cherisment of that joy?

Time spares no one! We are all subjected to death and decline but did death call upon Ishika this soon? )

[I hope you all might have liked this chapter 🙂 don't forget to press the star button if you liked it🥰]

THE LOVE THAT WAS NEVER MINE | BOOK 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें