Plans

Alex burst open the door and ran to her room. Nz was still there, but he looked like he was in more pain than before.

     "Here." Jessica gave the USB to Alex so she could find out how to save them. She connected it to her laptop and looked up the data. After a moment of searching, she found the cure for inter-dimensional decay. It was complex, but she could make it.

     "Okay, so the 'ingredients' we need are vinegar, sugar, milk, water, cinnamon, vanilla, and some pickles." Alex read.

     "What the actual fuck? Are you reading a recipe or the actual fucking cure?" Jessica shouted. Alex grabbed her and moved her closer to see. "Well, shit. That's sounds fucking gross."

     "But it's the only way to bring Nz back." Alex said. Jessica was annoyed that she kept forgetting about Jesse, but she couldn't blame her. She's only met him for a day. She got up and grabbed everything they needed. Gross... Jessica whispered to herself as she grabbed a pickle. She and Alex began following the rather strange instructions to make the cure.

     They made it in less than an hour. It smelled funny, sure, but it was important. Alex poured some into a cup and brought it over to her room. Jessica stayed behind and poured some of the cure into a cup for Jesse.

     "Netherland, here, drink this..." Alex whispered. Nz wouldn't respond. She opened his mouth, which caused her a lot of pain, and poured some of it in his mouth. He swallowed and immediately got up.

     "What the fuck!? My mouth tastes like fucking pickles!" Nz said as he ran to the bathroom to get rid of the taste. Alex ran over to see if he was okay, surprised to see him brushing his teeth just fine. She heard the door open and close and saw that Jessica had left. She remembered about Jesse, maybe that's where she went. Nz surprised her by kissing her out of nowhere. She smiled, he was okay now.

     Jessica ran as fast as she could all the way to her house. She quickly burst into Jesse's room and poured the cure into his mouth. Jesse opened his eyes and looked at Jessica.

     "Umm, what the hell are you doing in my room?" Jesse asked. Jessica was relieved that he was okay.

     Nz finished eating his breakfast, he was pretty happy that he was okay. Alex hugged him from behind as he washed the dishes. She wanted to celebrate her saving the life of two people, so she decided she would plan a party. She texted Jessica about this, and they agreed to do it at her house. She went over to talk about it with her.

     "Okay, so who are we going to invite?" Alex asked. Jessica thought for a second.

     "Umm, Terrissa, Samantha, Maybe Monica, James, Erika, Shawn, Kaleb, Kyle, and Tiffany." Jessica listed. Alex nodded, adding a few more names to the list.

     Jesse looked over at what they were doing. A party? He never really liked parties, he thought that they were just different. He never had been invited to one, so he just spent time with Nz while their other friends went to some. He texted Nz about it, to which he responded with an I don't really care text. Jesse shrugged and went back to his room.

     Nz was playing some games on his phone when Alex opened the door.

     "Hey Alex! Where were you?" He asked. Alex smiled and just winked. Nz acted like he was confused and shrugged, when he really knew she planned a party with Jessica.

     "I went to the store. Here, I got you some watermelon flavored suckers." She handed him the candy, to which he opened one and put it in his mouth. He continued to play on his phone as Alex went to her room.

     Jesse left the house to visit Nz, since he became bored while over there.

     "What's up Nz?" Jesse asked as he entered the apartment. He saw that Nz was pretty busy in an intense shoot out on his phone. He watched for a bit before Nz stopped playing his phone.

     "So what're we going to do about the party?" Nz asked quietly. Jesse just shrugged. "Yeah, I don't think we're getting invited."

     "We've never been invited to one, what makes you think we get invited to this one?" Jesse argued. Nz blinked.

     "I never said we're getting invited. All I said is that we most likely aren't going." Nz stopped that argument pretty quickly. It was a skill he had to learn to survive in his household when he was younger. Jesse sighed as he sat down to watch some TV.

     "So, I still don't believe Alex is actually your girlfriend." Jesse teased. Nz smiled.

     "Well, she is. Didn't you see us literally kiss after I totally beat your ass in PUBG?" Nz laughed. Jesse rolled his eyes as he wondered when he would get one. He never thought Nz would get one before him, he must've really changed since middle school.

     "You got any games we can play?" Jesse asked a few minutes later. Nz got up and searched through his discs and found Carl On Duty: Black Cops.

     "How about this?" He showed the game to Jesse, who just put it in the console. They both grabbed controllers and began to play. Jesse beat Nz multiple times, which he thought was hilarious. Nz grabbed another watermelon flavored sucker and put it in his mouth.

     "What are you doing?" Jesse asked as Nz put the sucker in his mouth.

     "I don't know, it's for luck I guess." Nz began to beat Jesse more times than last time, which made him smile.

     "You piece of shit." Jesse whispered as the round ended. Nz chuckled as he threw away the stick of the sucker he finished. He preferred to suck on it till it's gone rather than eat it.