A Strange Bonding Moment

"So what are we actually going to today?" Nz asked again. Alex sighed, she already told him.

     "Like I already said, we need to bond more today. We could go to the Cafe to chat if you want." Alex replied. Nz thought for a moment before nodding. He was lucky he slept in his favorite clothes the other day.

     They walked down the sidewalk to the Cafe. Nz looked around, sort of weirded out how similar everything was. They took a left and then a right.

     "You sure this is the way to the Cafe?" Nz asked as he looked around.

     "I usually get that reaction. Yeah, it is in a weird part of the place. I would be surprised if I didn't get jumped again." This definitely caused Nz to be concerned. He didn't feel like having to get beat up.

     "Have you ever gotten hurt?" Nz asked out of curiosity.

     "Uh, well, only once. But don't worry nothing bad happened to me." Alex answered. She remembered the scar she had on her shoulder, but she didn't want to tell him.

     "I'm just going to believe you. I don't want to imagine you getting hurt." Nz said. Alex smiled.

     "So you developed some feelings for me?" She said. Nz blushed madly, causing Alex to giggle. This made her wonder if she developed some too.

     They arrived at the Cafe a few minutes later. It was noon, so it was pretty full. Nz found a place to sit and chatted with Alex about a bunch of things. He was lucky they were the same person, as she agreed to a whole bunch of things he said.

      "So, Nz, have you ever been to this cafe?" Alex asked once Nz finished a story. Nz shook his head. "Wow, you act like you know the place."

    "Yeah, I know." Nz said. Alex noticed his less than energetic attitude. This was the moment she realized she really did have feelings for him.

    "You okay, Nz? You don't seem very happy." She asked. Nz shrugged. "Is it because you want to go home?"

   Nz could hear the sadness in her voice. He didn't want to upset her. How could she be so attached to him already? Is she in love or something? Maybe it's because she doesn't have friends, that's gotta be it.

     "Well, it's complicated. I have school at home, you know?" Nz said at last. He felt really bad after seeing Alex slouch in her chair. But did he really have to go home? Would anyone even miss him? At this point, it was driving him mad. He decided he'll deal with it later.

     "What do you mean 'it's complicated'? Do you have someone at home waiting for you?" Alex snapped. Nz was surprised at how mad she sounded. Guess he had no choice but to stay here.

    "No, calm down. Please, I didn't want to upset you." Nz said, feeling that it worked. It did, as Alex seemed to calm down. Her eyes looked into his, and he could tell she needed him. But why?

     They finished chatting at the Cafe and decided to go back home. It was raining, so they were walking cautiously through the alleyway when they heard a sound. Nz looked around, he felt as if he was being watched.

     "Hello? Anyone there?" Nz shouted. He heard another step behind him. Alex grabbed Nz's arm for protection. Eventually, someone walked out from behind a large dumpster.

     "And what do you think you're doing here?" He said. He held a bat with blood stains and some nails. He looked really dangerous.

     "Uhh, me and my girlfriend were just going home. You have a problem with that?" Nz said back. Alex looked at him, but Nz didn't seem to notice.

     "Ha! You look like twins, you ain't doin' incest are ya?" He shouted. Nz was beginning to get annoyed.

     "Oh, shut up! We aren't related, we just so happen to look alike!" Nz shouted back. The man smiled as he looked at his bat.

     "So you are narcissistic? Haha! Third one I've met this week! I can beat all you pieces of fecal matter any day. Pride is my strength and everyone's weakness!" He said. Nz was getting mad.

     "Yes, we are narcissistic. Extreme Narcissists." Nz said. The man rushed towards Nz and hit him in the gut with the tip of his bat. Nz got up quickly and punched the man's jaw. His hand hurt like crazy, he never fought before, so he has no chance against this guy. Alex picked up a knife she found on the floor and threw it at the man, stabbing him in the back. He let out a bloodcurdling scream as he felt the impact. Nz grabbed the man's head and banged it against his knee until he was knocked unconscious. He fell to the ground, which caused Alex to run over to him.

     "Netherland! Omigosh, are you okay!?" She shouted. Nz nodded, he was only hit in the gut. He got up and pulled the knife from the man's body.

     "We have to get out of here." He said. Alex nodded helping Nz back home. The entire time home she wondered if he really meant what he said. Was she actually his girlfriend? Or was he just saying that to try to get out of there? She blushed slightly at the thought of them doing things, but she stayed quiet about that.

     At home, Nz sat down on the couch. Alex tended to him, checking the bruise he had gotten. She cleaned him up and stayed with him, watching a movie. She loved him.