Inter-Dimensional Error

Nz woke up the next morning. He realized that Alex hasn't gone to school all week. Well, there's nothing I can do about that, he thought. He slowly removed Alex's arms from himself as he got up to brush his teeth. He felt a bit strange today, but he couldn't figure out what. As he grabbed his toothbrush he shouted in pain as he quickly moved his arm back. He looked at the brush, nothing about it had changed. He thought that maybe it was his hands, but they appeared normal.

    "Netherland, you okay?" Alex asked. Nz looked at her.

    "Alex, there's something wrong with me..." He said. Alex tried to hug him, but quickly moved back upon touching him.

     "It must be because you aren't apart of this dimension!" She shouted. Nz felt weaker than normal. He didn't feel too well.

     "A-Alex, if anything happens, I just want to let you know that I love you..." Nz said. Alex called Jessica, who told her the same thing about Jesse.

     "Come on, we need to do something about this!" Alex urged. Nz tried to get up, but he slipped and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious. "Shit..."

     Alex put herself through a lot of pain, grabbing onto Nz and laying him down on the bed. She looked at him, he seemed so hopeless. She quickly left the apartment to try and find a way to save him. Outside she ran in Jessica, who was going to do the same thing.

     "Alex! Omigosh, I need your help! Jesse is hurt, he's in pain!" Jessica cried. Alex calmed her down a bit.

     "I know! Nz is having the same trouble!" She sobbed. They didn't know what to do, they can't just call the police, they'd have the government just show up at their door. Alex fell to her knees and began to cry, more than she has ever done. A few minutes later, she suddenly stopped. She thought of something, something to save Nz.

     "J-Jessica, do you remember when that building was constructed a few years back?" Alex asked. Jessica nodded not knowing what she was going to say. "What if they had something to do with the portal?"

     "Okay, you've said some stupid things before, Alex. But that, that's is just some weird shit." Jessica replied. Alex glared at her, which made Jessica annoyed until she agreed. "Fine..."

     Alex dragged Jessica all the way to the facility. When they arrived, it looked closed, so Alex decided to break in.

     "Jessica, you look skinny enough, can you fit into that vent over there?" Alex asked, pointing to a medium sized vent. Jessica nodded, feeling so stupid in doing this. Alex helped her get up, which proved successful since Jessica got in. Alex wondered to herself how protected this place would be if it actually turns out to be a portal facility. Turns out, she didn't need to know, as multiple security guards rushed out and pointed their guns at Alex. Shit, she thought to herself.

     Meanwhile, Jessica continued crawling through the vents, as quietly as she can. She was being really careful to not accidentally bend the vents or make any kind of sound. She found an opening and slowly slipped down. She looked around and saw a computery looking device with a huge section of space in front of the window. She looked around for any cameras of sorts, seeing only one that's looking in the other direction. It seemed to be fixed in that position, so Jessica only had to be quiet. She searched up any info on the computers and found some written documents on inter-dimensional decay. The longer she read, the more horrified she became of its symptoms. Luckily, Nz and Jesse were only in the first stage of it, so they had the least fatal symptoms.

     "Holy shit..." She whispered to herself upon reading that Nz and Jesse only had hours to live. She grabbed a USB she had in her pockets (she always came prepared) and downloaded all the information. It finished quickly, so all she had to do was get out of there and not get caught. She camera was still facing one direction, so she was safe from that. All she needed to do was leave without getting detected from the others.

     Alex was being led to a built in correctional facility for breaking into the place. She was scared, what if Jessica was caught too? Would Nz actually die? The guards looked her in a cell and moved on.

     Jessica grabbed a pistol from a nearby gun rack and continued moving. She remembered the lessons her father gave her years prior. He was a police officer, so he taught her how to handle multiple guns in case of an emergency. Now was the time to put that to use. She saw Alex being led to a different room by a bunch of guards, so she realized that that was going to have to save her. The guards didn't notice her, so she might be able to shoot them, but she didn't want to risk it. She ran back to the gun rack and grabbed a pocket knife for some silent killings. A guard walked right in front of her, so she quickly stabbed him in the neck. Thanks Dad for that training, she whispered to herself. She hated training, but now it proved useful. She ran up to another guard and killed him too. 4 guards left.

     Jessica has killed 2 more guards by this point, so she need to get 2 more to be able to rescue Alex without getting caught. They both were in the same room, so she decided to use the pistol for once. She shot one in the back and headshot the other. Quick and easy. She ran and grabbed the keys from one of the bodies and got Alex out of her cell.

     "Thanks Jess! Now, what'd you learn?" Alex asked. Jessica explained the trouble Nz and Jesse are in, so Alex ran back to the other room and searched how to reverse it's effects.

     "You didn't download the cure?" Alex asked. Jessica looked at her, a bit frustrated.

     "What would you do in a fucking situation where you might get killed if you're not careful, you want to get out as fast as possible, and try and rescue your friends all at the same fucking time?" She snapped.

     "Okay, jeez." Alex said. She downloaded the last of the information onto Jessica's USB. They left as fast as they could and ran all the way back home.